Urgent info needed on cost of living

Hello there,

I have just been given contract in Oman, Muscat, and the salary is around 2600$ Per Month, Air, Living etc. and I am wondering if that is enough to live comfortably in Oman. 

Also, I am American but been living over seas for years, I am wondering about the local customs concerning dress code outdoors...shorts, tank tops or t-shirts, sandals, etc.  and what is acceptable.

Any input would be great.

Thank you...Douglas King

$2600/- is about R.O. 1000/-. If accommodation is provided then it is a decent sum for a bachelor to live a rather comfortable life.

Irrespective of what nationality you belong to, you are expected to dress modestly in public places. Revealing outfits and unnecessary display of skin is not encouraged. Jeans and tees are fine. Short shorts and tank tops are not. However, Oman is a far more liberal and secular country than say, Saudi Arabia for example.

haloo
          living  cost  is depent  upon  the  person  actually  ,if  you  really  wish  to  stay  at  capital city  of  oman   i  mean  muscat  its   will  be  slight  expensive  to  get  accomadation   ,but  as  per  my  experience  oman  is  better  living  cost  you  can  manage   2000 usd    is  more  enough   to  stay   in  one  month  at  oman