New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone,
I'm Nige from NZ here to find out more about Cambodia/Sihanoukville
New to the idea of moving to Cambodia after researching tesol/tefl courses for a move to China with no degree.
Seems Cambodia is a much better option as a place to start. Visa & working legally  seem a lot simpler than China.
Any advice for a newbie to Cambodia is greatly appreciated.
From reading the forums so far, teaching is probably subsistence only ? But enough to survive ?
I am planning my move for Feb 2015, so hope to have met a few friends through these forums to make things a bit easier on arrival.
I've spent a bit of time in various provinces in China, visiting factories and importing back to NZ.  Not really interested in the classic "expat lifestyle" more a quieter, sustainable simpler way of living. So hoping to find a small niche to earn a basic income with a better lifestyle, friends & climate. After reading the forums, Sihanoukville looks  good !
Interested in anything building/construction related.

Hi; where are you at?

I am waiting for my pet to arrive in Phnom Penh and was  little worried because I couldn't see any veterinary.

THank you

David

Hi, I've hit the reply button but my post ended up at the complete bottom? Did the original post to whom I've replied to received a notification as well?

Hello david_99,

All members who contributed to this discussion received a notification of your message.

If you have any furher questions about Cambodia, i invite you to create a new discussion on the Cambodia forum. :)

Thank you
Olivier
Expat.com Team

private message

There are lots al about. It is more like a little pharmacy but for animals. Make friends with a tuktuk driver who can speak English and just have a ride around. Tell him what you are looking for and you will soon find one

hi everyone I am Filipina,I stayed2 weeks already here in PP...i love it here its nice and warm super like Philippines. I am looking for any job..already applied for more than 20 schools already but no good.. any suggestion where i can go next? I am fluent in English,tagalog and i can speak Spanish as well....

hello expats in pp, i am parry and staying in pp for past 1 year, would like to join people for events in the city..

Hi expats,
I'm Lozz from Australia. My partner and our 3 month old boy are looking to move to kep or kampot next January. Just joined to look for advice/rentals. Lovely to join you all!

hi all, i am moving to snooky in October this year to work with a friend who has K9 training business. new place, new challenges, exciting and intimidating at the same time. in time hope to meet some of you that side

HI AnnaPinay!!!
This is Sebastian from PH too... Im also planning to go to Cambodia... Is it hard to apply for any school there??? My plan would be last week of Nov or so... May future ba tau jan so far???

Regards,

Sebastian

Hellooo Everyone!!!

Newbie from Philippines and Im trying my luck in Cambodia this coming November, 2014.. Hope it wont be a hard  for me to seek a job that would commensurate my experience and education. I've been a teacher here in the Philippines for quite sometime, due to a low pay (some private schools give below minimum waige) since Im not yet ready to settle for good in a public school. I quit teaching and become a call center representative until now. But still there's in me that im not contented and always looking the happiness in life that am always looking for. Hope Cambodia will provide me of this... Anyways, I'll be travelling alone and no Idea at all, and, what will be my first move to get in Cambodia. Hope anyone will help me for this... email help alot!!! [email protected], same as fb and twitter... Thanks and GodBless us all!!!

truly,

Sebastian

Hi hello there! Thanks for the warmest welcome in your site hope will see all of you soon,I'm here in Cambodia since 2011 up to present... More blessing to everyone and god bless!

Yes God bless us all!  Good luck Lawrence

How much usually is the apartment/ bedpace in PP??? Thanks

Hi there,

Just recently moved here, enjoying it so far. Looking to meet new friends though, hopefully meet some on here!

Jean  :)

Hey All,
Just moved to PP from the states. Looking to join any activities or outings to get more involved in the city. Also would like to find an expat bar that shows American sports, if anyone knows of some that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Katie

hey Ellena from Indonesia  here still new, very not familiar with PP specially how to get the way around im stuck no friends yet, hopefully there is someone here wud like to make a friends with me, btw where is the best place to hang out or looking a new friends who willing to share about life abort.

thanks you

hey would you like to hang out with me, im new here too kinda suck with no friends :)

Hey,

Is someone interested to get together on the 7 september?
I'm would love to organize a meeting with new expat as i'm in the same position, new in Phnom Penh :)

sheers!!!

Hey Katie,

Score bar shows sports all the time. I'm sure they do American sports as well. It's on street 282 near Wat Lanka. If you're looking to meet people, I'm meeting Jeannie (who posted earlier today) at Liquid on street 278 (also near near Wat Lanka) at 7:30pm tomorrow, and you'd be welcome to join us. Same to you Ellena.

cheers

Bec

Bec - Sounds great. Thank you

Hi,
i would like to join the group if you guys do not mind

Yes, you should definitely come! Looking forward to seeing you all later :-)

Absolutely join us Mebaria.

Contact me once you are here. I might have jobs available.  [email protected]

Is the place far from the river. I live by the river.

It is on street 282 near Wat Lanka. It isn't too far from the river, a short tuk tuk ride away.

ok i will see you there

Hi,
My name is Luke, I am a documentary filmmaker who has made a feature film about education for children in Cambodia, traveling to the country with my father for the first time in 2009. Since then we have returned to the country twice to follow up with filming and humanitarian projects featured in the documentary. I've joined up to the website to stay in-touch and up-to-date with all things Cambodia, especially social issues concerning education. Looking forward to some good discussions and learning more about the Kingdom of Cambodia!

Cheers,
Luke

Hi all ! I'm Graham from London England , I will be moving over to Siam Reap after doing a 2 month Teaching corse in Thailand and hopefully be able to get a job teaching in a school there .Are there any teachers here that could give me any tips ? Also any info on cheap renting would be great .
Many thanks .

Every January SS sends out a letter to confirm your address and status. If it is not returned, payments stop. When stopped a direct phone call to SS seems to be the best if not only solution.

Check out the international meetup organization's Eatup events in Siem Reap, The next is tomorrow at Haven at 19:30

Hi, call me Eazy.

I'm not an expat YET, but will be one. It's nice to know everyone here. I shall meet and learn from you and prepare myself for the expatriation.  :)

Have a nice day!

Hi all, I just moved to Siem Reap after coming here in March for volunteer work. Now looking for an accounting job in the area. Any tips and contacts gratefully received.

Hi folks!  My name is Sheldon and I am moving to PP in a few weeks.  I used to practice law in Washington, D.C., but gave that up to write novels that nobody reads.  In the past decade, I've lived in Spain, Argentina and Panama and decided that it was time to mark living in Asia off of the old bucket list, so here I come.  I look forward to meeting many of you once I arrive.

Hey Empshel,

Welcome on expat and welcome to Cambodia.
I'm planning to organise a monthly meeting between expats.
You can go and check the topic '' meeting new expats in phnom penh''

Take care and see you soon!!!!

HI

I AM RUCHIKA ORIGIN INDIA , RIGHTNOW I AM LIVING IN CAMBODIA. I HAVE 6 YEARS INSIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE AS A KINDERGARTEN TEACHER. I CAN ALSO TEACH MATH TO PRIMARY CLASSES.SO PLS LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OPPORTUNITY OPEN FOR ME.

LOOKING FORWARD POSITIVE RESPONSE.

RGDS/RUCHIKA

:D

RUCHIKAAWASTHI wrote:

HI

I AM RUCHIKA ORIGIN INDIA , RIGHTNOW I AM LIVING IN CAMBODIA. I HAVE 6 YEARS INSIGHTFUL EXPERIENCE AS A KINDERGARTEN TEACHER. I CAN ALSO TEACH MATH TO PRIMARY CLASSES.SO PLS LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OPPORTUNITY OPEN FOR ME.

LOOKING FORWARD POSITIVE RESPONSE.

RGDS/RUCHIKA

Welcome to the forum 

Hopefully someone will answer your post soon.
Please do not post in uppercase as this is considered to be the same a shouting at someone and is rude. Thank you

Closed