Teaching Opportunities in Kampot/Kep

Hi Friends!

I'll be a newly certified TEFL instructor as of November and am hoping to make some teacher friends in Kampot and Kep. Can anyone tell me what the job market is like in either of these towns? Thanks!

Job opportunities here for english teachers are extremely limited. You're much better off with french or chinese. You should also be aware that most people in Kampot are not rich which includes most foreigners. If you want to survive here with a teachers income you're better off staying in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap if you can bare the heat.

Kep on the other hand is a town that is catering for the nouveau rich khmer. Lots of french here, too. If you want to bore yourself to death. Kep is a prime location.

It's not good, at least in Kep I've had no luck. I am doing some volunteering. I'm just looking into Kampot. They have more schools.

Have you perhaps looked into Battambang? It may be an attractive alternative. It's the second largest city so teaching there may be possible. I've been there and enjoyed the city a lot. Maybe another alternative is what a friend of mine did which is to home base somewhere but teach remotely. She teaches English language primarily for Chinese students in China. She did lead the digital nomad life for awhile so traveled across Southeast Asia teaching.