Is it hard to find a place to live and work in Cambodia?

Hello All!  I am seriously thinking of moving to Cambodia, and leaving the rat race of Canada behind me.  I do have the finances to buy a house / business but would need  suggestions from all of you.  :)  Is it hard to find a place to live and work in Cambodia?  I have been to Asia many times, but only to Thailand and Indonesia.  Feel free to message me with any helpful tips... Thanks!

Hi Karla,

It's great to hear you want to live in Cambodia. I'm Sokhan, Cambodian. In Cambodia, there are many beautiful places so you have to ask yourself first that which place or area would you like? Surely, the houses in Phnom Penh city is quite expensive of some places but some is low too. Example: A nice flat in the city it has a high cost around $80,000 - $120,000. To be better, you should come in Phnom Penh city first than you can go and see the place that you favor. I can help you to see everywhere you want if you need me help. Currently, I'm working here eac-cambodia.org . This organization is working to help orphans and poor kids in urban Phnom Penh city, Cambodia. You can contact me .

Wish you healthy

Take care

Sokhan

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid your contact details on the forum

Hi, I'm Sokhan, Cambodian. I'm glad to share my experiences links to Cambodia if you prefer to live in Cambodia. Please contact me by Skype: Sokhan.yung . But I can talk only at nigh time from 9:00pm by Cambodia time because am busy working. Thanks..enjoy talking

Karla1978 wrote:

Hello All!  I am seriously thinking of moving to Cambodia, and leaving the rat race of Canada behind me.  I do have the finances to buy a house / business but would need  suggestions from all of you.  :)  Is it hard to find a place to live and work in Cambodia?  I have been to Asia many times, but only to Thailand and Indonesia.  Feel free to message me with any helpful tips... Thanks!

If you can buy a place and work as a English teacher with a good salary, then you are set.

Otherwise, what skill sets do you have?

Hi Karla1978,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Cambodia forum.