Another visa question

Hello all in the forum-

Visa question. I was in Peru early this year and overstayed my visa due to dental work I was having done. When I left Peru (to come to Ecuador)  I paid the fine at the border-$22. I have been in Ecuador for almost 6 months-since 3 April, on a 12 IX Ecuadorian visa.

This visa expires 20 October. My question is, is it possible to re enter Peru on a tourist visa this soon after having left in April?

Many kind thanks for the read and info.

Expat42451

I am DEFINITELY UNCERTAIN.

It seems that if your Peru Visa is good until Oct. 20th,,, and you return on or before that date, you will not only be granted entry but your Peru Visa will be Re Extended.

It is unclear in your note about Oct 20th. If it is your Ecuadorian visa that expires on Oct. 20 that matter is irrelevant to Peru.

However,,, it is really that you have left Peru in good standing and have paid the fine. I think re entry to Peru is just like having taken a new trip to and a new visit to Peru. Likely you will be granted entry.....

I think your ok......

pistachio

ps / I would be glad to be corrected by anyone who knows For
Sure.

Pistachio

Many thanks for the kind reply.  Will be interesting to see if I decide to come  back to Peru how it works out. What you say here is concurrent with my reasoning as well.  I do not think it should be a problem.

If anyone else can add to this it would be appreciated.

Again many thanks for your time and sharing-

Expat