Visa to LatAm countries for Carnet holders

Are holders of Carnet de Extranjeria eligible for visa free entry to other LatAm countries like Peruvian nationals do?

Not to the best of my knowledge, you still have to enter them with your passport and will be subject to any fees based on your passport.

I was able to pass in to Ecuador from Tumbes, Peru at the 'frontier' without a passport, a carnet and was not even asked for Identification nor was I stopped,,,,, I just walked across and 'voila',,,,,,,,, Ecuador......!
Just to mention,, this is typical at the frontier.....and there are streams of all day foot traffic doing this.......

Hi. I am from India and have been living in Lima, Peru for over 4 months and have a Carnet de Extranjeria. I was wondering if I can have 'visa-free' travel within South America to countries like Chile, Argentina and Brazil. I don't care if I have to carry my passport in addition to my Carnet, I just don't want the hassle of getting a tourist visa.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

The sad answer to that is NO. You possibly are eligible with your carnet to enter Bolivia and Colombia BUT not to the bigger countries like Chile, Brazil, Argentina :P