Is it possible to hire a guide who can speak English and Chinese?

Hello, everyone.
New here.
I am going to traveling in Vietnam for 7 days.
I am wondering is it possible to hire a guide who can speak both English and Chinese.
And can anyone tell how's the fee like? also I am interested in the rent level for an apartment if I want to stay for a longer time.

Hi Eileengu,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you check the Tourist Guide in Ho Chi Minh City in the directory please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Eileengu,

I think either/or is better.  It is tough enough to find one that speaks adequate English OR Chinese, and knows where s/ he is going.

Come on, I thought it is common knowledge that most Singaporeans speak both English and Chinese reasonably. Of course, we do not know enough of VN culture and places, history etc. to be a guide. Otherwise, when the word is out, hordes will head this way to be tourist guides, ha

Sploke77 wrote:

Come on, I thought it is common knowledge that most Singaporeans speak both English and Chinese reasonably. Of course, we do not know enough of VN culture and places, history etc. to be a guide. Otherwise, when the word is out, hordes will head this way to be tourist guides, ha

Not Singaporeans. Shanghai from Mainland China.

Thanks for the information. I will check that.

Hi, you can also try the Hong Kong and Taiwan trade offices. They may be able to introduce you to someone. Many good people with dual language abilities.

hochiminh.taiwantrade.com.tw/

http://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy10293/

Good luck

Some of our members post earlier to offer this service. If you check old threads may be you can find out!

I can speak both English and Chinese. If you go to Ha Noi and need help, please dont hesitate to contact to me.

Hi. I can speak english and chinese. I stay in hcm, and know here well

hello everybody,I am Mary, 30, nice to make friends with you.I hope all of you guys here are good friends

I can speak English n mandarin ... but I m not a Vietnamese . I stay in Viet . I can help u .