800 USD enough to stay in HCMC for 12days ??

Hey guys ,
I'm going to HCMC in July.Just wondering my budget enough to stay 12 days. I'm planing to go danang for 3days 2nights with my gf so I don't mind to stay in cheap hotel 20-30 USD. As long the room is clean. After Danang, we will back to HCMC to stay together with her parents for 3-4days. Then we also planning to go Vung Tau to stay for 1 night
Btw , me and my gf never visit Danang therefore what would you guys suggest to us which transportation. By train or flight ?

as for my information HCMC- DANANG is around 100-150 usd return flight,(depends on dates) this i found out from one of the kind person on this forum as i am also planing my trip soon.
regarding your 800usd budget if thats all you have then dude hop in :) cause Money will never be enough lol
wish u prosperous holidays.

I used to stay in this hotel: Nguyet Van hotel, 59/10 Ho Hao Hon District 1, quite near Bui Vien area. The listed price is around 20$ per night but you can ask for discount given your long stay, makes it 15$ so 180$ for hotel, another 120$ for motorbike rental and fuel, remaining is for meals.  You can search other budget hotels in the nearby streets such as Co Giang Street, Vo Van Kiet street, Tran Dinh Xu street.

Food is cheap, I just paid 1,860,000 ($85) round trip DaNang to HCMC same day Vietnam air...several nice, clean hotels 2 blocks from the waterfront.  Good seafood places every where. Others on the other side of the river 5 minutes from the coast. One on the river looking at the City Skyline and mountains for 350,000 vnd per day. Shuttle bus from DaNang to Hoi An about every 30 to 40 minutes, cheap fare...most things are about 2 to 5 km apart and easy to walk if you enjoy...
Train ride is OK if you don't like 'privacy'...little to see actually depending on the time of day you travel.
Enjoy life...best of luck

I think with about 300$ is enough for you to stay in Da Nang ( by plane) Vung Tau is not expensive. With about 50$ you can have a good trip and you should go by motorbike. It takes only 3-4hr to get there.

Hi
Can you please give me contact details of Nguyet Van hotel, 59/10 Ho Hao Hon District 1?
Thanks Mal

Can you please give me details of few hotels below 50$? We will have to book a hotel online at-least for our first night for our visa process. So please kindly help me to find a good hotel in District 1
Thanks in advance
Regards
Mal

I use agoda dot com for hotels in Asia. There are reviews and ratings. Plenty of 3 star hotels for 2 people in the US$18 to $25 range unless you have to be in the heart of District 1, then you pay more. Taxis are about $2 to go anywhere within District 1. (Tip: If you arrive by air, make sure you get a Vinasun or maybe Mai Linh taxi, it is a short walk over to the domestic terminal to catch one; international terminal taxi area is overrun with touts)

Somewhat OT. Used Agoda.com. Stay at Signature Saigon. I was pleased. Rooms are well appointed and clean. Excellent breakfast although the breakfast area is little small. They picked me up from the airport and took me back. Pick up was free, drop off $5.00 USD. Price around $30.00 USD.
Good luck

I usually stay at the Tulips on 260 Ly TU Trong St.  Ben Thanh Ward District 1.  84-8 3824 5162  the fee used to be about 350 to 400K per night including breakfast and Internet.  Easy walk if you like and short distance by taxi.  Within walking distance of Burger King.  Clean.

Thank you all for the info.  :top:

You are welcome mal.  If you are planning to be in DaNang, let me know..there is another hotel on the river  Mimosa 1 Hotel, located on Tran Hung Dao Street...Just the other side of the Hahn Bridge, I lived there for over a year.  Near everything.  Friendly, clean and reasonable. Beautiful view of sunsets.

come to my city you can enjoy with that money well !

Regards Anthony64

We are Da Nang bound! your posts have been refreshing and informative Thank you Anthony
We also may be interested in the Hotel you mentioned by the river and curious as to how much a long lease may be
please message us when you find the time

Much Appreciated

Mr & Mrs Radvencheers from NZ

one month perhaps 5 to 6 million VND...
their e-mail address at the hotel is:  [email protected]
if you like to communicate regularly.

you might even throw in that Anthony the American who lived there for a year directed you there..
If I knew your arrival and how long I could be more specific for you.

Regards,
Anthony

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

@ Anthony
Can you please suggest me a hotel near Ben Thanh market with big windows and good view please? Does Tulip hotel have a good view with windows?
Is Mimosa hotel in HCMC?

If message for specific time frame is received I can check it out later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Anthony

Mal...Tulip has an OK view if you are up high enough and large enough windows if on the Street side.  Walking distance to the park and market...
Sorry the Mimosa is in DaNang...

Regards,
Anthony

Thank you Anthony :)

Hope you enjoy your travels...
You are welcome...
Anthony

Did not hear from you as of yet on specifics... will inform at earliest afternoon tomorrow 8-14 on possible prices...
Anthony

I can get you a triple bed room there ... at 500,000 vnd for 400,000 vnd per nite, perhaps not a river view...two to three week stay...depends on date...the hotel is almost full now. She indicated perhaps after the 17th a better view to another room with river view.  Date is important...Labor Day is coming up and many hotels are going to be 'booked'.
Anthony

Anthony, I dont know whether you are telling to me or someone else :)

Mal...That was for Redvencheers who were going to Da Nang...I have yet to hear from them as to the date they plan on coming here. 
The 'quote' I gave regarding room was given...but, there are only 2 front desk individuals who now know me...other desk personnel there are new and do not know me...I was not given a full name to give to the desk so a week has already passed...no idea as to what is or has happened.
I do hope you enjoy your trip to HCMC...there are also hotels down the same street from the Pizza Hut (Thai Van Lung) a couple blocks south of Hai Ba Trung Street that are OK as well.  There is a KFC, Highlands Coffee behind the Art Theater next to Caravelle Hotel.
Anthony

How about taking the bus?

hi. im a airplene ticket booker for domestic and international flights. you can go there in Da Nang by plane. [Moderated] it will be cost from 30-50 USD per pax for roundtrip.[Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you mean from HCMC to Da Nang,, round trip flight ticket will be $ 30?
That is very cheap.

In Da Nang, we are going to book Green Plaza Hotel and we have already book Agribank Resort for Hoi An.

Enjoy your visit to Hoi An.

IF HAVE PROMO. NORMALY FROM 40, 50, 60, 70 ROUNDTRIP, IT DEPEND ON THE TIME, THE DAY WHEN YOU CHOOSE THE FLIGHT.

@ bupduongqb
Thanks a lot and I will contact you by a pm
But please remember it is not allowed to type in threads with block letters :)

The short answer to your question is YES. You can do just fine on $800 for the 12 days and live quite well. I took the train to Danang and really liked it. But then I enjoy train travel. The clickey clack of the rails makes me sleep so well. I took a sleeper car. Enjoy your trip.

ok dear. thank you. nice to meet you