Information about these colleges

i had postd it earlier but did not get enough response

wanted information on these 2 colleges from people staying in mauritius

1 )SSR Medical College
2nd Anna Medical College and Research Centre,Mauritius

please help the overseas needy -_-

Hi Mankirat, my daughter is at Anna Medical and has just finished her 1st year. She came in on the 2nd intake of +-45 students. The 3rd batch of students,82 in all, commenced their studies today.

The course is tough as in any medical school, and discipline as far as dress code, attendance, tests etc is strictly maintained

Whilst the med school is relatively new, the level of education and instruction is good, but as with anything else you have to be committed to both the course and yourself

As a parent, I am satisfied, as is she, that she is getting a 1st class standard of education.

The school has a Facebook page and you can get more insight there

thankyou very much sir

im staying in india nd ill be leaving my home nd country to join it....

the course is recongnised by MCI AND WHO and which all organisations?

nd i wanted to know about the stay and hostl facilities/amenities.

Don't count on the various universities in Mauritius aprt from UOM,and some known ones because most of them are just mushrooming everywhere without the required credits...i may myself rent a building and call it "*****" university and call people to it and at the end of the day u find yourself with a degree which is not even recognised....:/

that is why im asking people staying in mauritius to find out nd tell me the facts cause from here all i knw is internet knowledge which cannot be trusted

franky speaking recently there ws a lot of problems abt these universities....better check it on "the tertiary education commision" ...what i knw is the SSR medical college accreditation is still in process...but i think u can trust Anna medical college as it has been certified by TEC.

A very interesting article , as an eye-opener to the foreign students who don't want to be scammed by some greedy chaps who may not have had  tertiary education themselves - some  try their luck in education and then change their cap to  go into real-estate - wherever the money can be made;
http://www.lexpress.mu/idee/hubs-and-campuses

External, and especially 3Rush, i think you guys may be shouting wolf prematurely perhaps as i seem to perceive in the case of External because there is a smaller scale of operation in the case of Mauritius. But then, i would imagine it reasonable to expect Mauritius to have much smaller scale than the Chinese, UK or even Australian wouldnt it?
My GP when i was in the UK attended a regular Mauritian uni where he graduated. I have a mate in the UK who also did a bachelors in computer science from UTech (i think) and came out with a 2:2 equivalent, which didnt seem to inhibit his ability to get a job in the UK, AND do quite well at work thank you very much.

So, i guess it is fair to say whoever needs advise on this topic should take the scare-mongerous stories on here with a healthy dose of caution. If you wanna attend a Mauritian uni, i advise you make sure it isnt a cowshed plus two gardeners' outhouses, and once ascertained, simply GO FOR IT...!!

At the end of the day, the ultimate judge is the workplace and employmnt market. We cant pretend that Canberra Uni or Newcastle uni is same as Oxford or Cambridge uni in any case...

:) My son is at Anna Medical college.H e told me that the lecturers go very fast in lecturing at one stretch,thus causing a lack of concentration on the study.He worries that this could cause a failure in his study.Please advise.

I'm currently in Anna Medical College's 1st batch and now in 3rd year. Sure it's still new but the lecturers are excellent and the standard of education is quite high. It just requires a lot of hard work to keep on top of the work load as does any other degree i'm sure...

Hi just want to confirm that the Anna medical college is accredited with the institutions it says it is. are you enjoying it their are their facilities good in comparison with south African universities... thanks for your help

@richardnaidoo
There's been much speculation about its accreditation in local media, which did worry us students as well, but it all turned out to be just media sensation. And moreover the college cannot be properly scrutinized for accreditation until it passes atleast its 1st batch of students which will be in 2016. With regards to South African universities, you cant really make a comparison as Anna Medical is fairly new and has just opened in 2012, im in their 1st batch and only in 3rd year currently so theres not much to match up when compared to our top SA med campuses which have been running for years. Also the syllabus is very different as well.
But thus far to the best of my knowledge i dont think we've fallen short of anything much here at Anna Medical.. Hope it helps you some :)