Life in Riyadh

Hi Fellow members,

I am a software engineer, currently residing in hyderabad, India. I have got an offer from Saudi Arabia,Riyadh.

Can you please tell me if 14000 SR/month is a good compensation for an 8 yrs experience engineer. If i can live a good/decent life there.

I am a punjabi from background, so is it a good place for people from punjabi community.

how abt restrictions and living cost ?

Thanks in advance

yep, its good enough for sure to live well and save up some cash. everything depends on your lifestyle since the skies the limit for busting up your hard earned moolah.

I'm wondering if  he's got an extra zero in that salary figure since this is considerably more than most Indians say they've been offered!

If your company provides housing and utilities, pun-boy, you'll live well and be able to save a ton of money!

I'm wondering if  he's got an extra zero in that salary figure

hehehehe

:lol:

Not at all Nonz. Things have changed a lot on the ground in the desert since the past 15 years. Most jobs that were enjoyed by Caucasian Western professionals have gradually moved to Asian tree climbers, esp after 911 and the spate of events that took place within KSA thereafter, and the brownies are having a ball enjoying the cream on top of the cake. 14K is nothing compared to the many folks I know who are taking three times as much, all from the depths of Asian jungles and mountains, in banks, coprorates and even government.

Better late than never, the local businesses have realized that we can perform or even outperform the developed merry men and women from Harvard, Stanton, Eton, Oxford and Cambridge.

I was fortunate to have been employed with an American spoonsor from day one here and hence didnt have to grope up the ladder like many other have managed toi achieve with time. However, the bottom line nowadays is that Brown is as beautiful as White.