Research on Zimbabwe

i'm doing a research on Zimbabwe i would like to get some help from you guys. those points needed are as follows:
1. Actual economic situation of your country
2.religion
3.language
4.political interference

Hi Ashley!

Maybe you should try ask more specific questions so that members can help you out.

Regards
Armand

i want to know geographic, economic details on Zimbabwe. for example food crisis in Zimbabwe.
trade and development in Zimbabwe

i am in zimbabwe and can assist

Thank you kid rocks

Hie! Ashley. I am more than kin to help,your question is however too general but will attempt your it in stages,first here is a general summary: The Zimbabwe Economy started its downward trend in 1997,this lead to a hyper inflation of the Zim Dollar,culminating in it being rendered worthless.The system was made worse under political circumstances resulting in West imposed sanctions The Zimbabwe Government then adopted the Multicurrency system allowing the Us$ and the SouthAfrican rand to be used as legal tender. Currently The Economy is booming as partly due to the adoption of the Multicurrency system and The Agricultural land reform programmes.

Hie! Ashley. On the 14th of November1997(now called black friday) the Zim dollar lost 71.5 percent of its value against the US dollar and the stock market crashed,wiping off about 46 percent from the value of shares as external investors lost confidence in the currency.By November the falling year 1998 up to 80 percent of the population survived on less rhan Us$2 per day.long bank and food queues stretching close to a kilometer were seen. There was massive shortages in food and fuel. Followed by shortages in electricity.( Zimbabwe had been once referred as the Basket of Southern Africa supplying food for SADCC Southern African Development Countries) but this time it was now the Begging Basket.Some argue that the Land reform and its impact triggered the full blown political and economic crisis.The land reforms intentions was not bad as this was done to correct historical imbalances in land ownership but its impact seemed to have hit hard on the Economy.Western sponsored Non Governmental organisations. Started to withdraw aid.political sanctions imposed on the Country also made it worse.Followed by Massive Unemployment and many proffessions suffered due to mass exodus in search of greener pastures.The country's turn around came in 2008 when the Government decided on a multi-currency system encoperating the US$ and the South African rand to be used as legal tender!( Under a unity Government) The system is an ongoing project process but the system has stabilized the Economy.. But a re introduction of the Zim dollar is imminent as a country should depend on its own currency. Now currently Zim is preparing for Presidential elections.last were held in 2008 and culminated in a stalemate which gave birth to the unity Government.hope this helps. Thank you

hie Ashily on the economic situation of Zimbabwe is better for you to put a time frame...l am willing to help you on the language aspect...

Ash music do,
I am doing research on Zim and your information has been helpful. I have a few more questions if I ,
May.

How are the roads there? City and rural
How are the people that had been evicted during operation clean up in 2005 doing, have their living conditions improved?

What about education? Are most schools given enough resources to effectively teach students?

What about unemployment has it gotten better since 2008 and why?

What is the current situation with the election on the constitution, are the people informed about what they are voting about, when is the vote taking place, what does a person need to vote? (I.d. Card or just show up)

Lastly are any of the people who fled the country in the early 2000 begun to return.

Thank you in advance for anyone's help to enlighten me about life in Zim.

Hie Ahley

What is it that you want to know?

Regards

Zim is a beautiful country. Full of life. Come visit and see for yourself.