Living in Zimbabwe

You are living in Zimbabwe, or you used to live in Zimbabwe.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Zimbabwe?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Zimbabwe?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Zimbabwe?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Zimbabwe is a nice place and safest place in the world. i am from Odisha, India. I am working here since 2007 as Manager Materials in a steel manufacturing company. Before coming here, i had lot of queries like how the place is? how the Zimbabwean are? how the social life is? how the work culture is in Zimbabwe? How safe it is to work? etc. etc. but after working here, i found it is really a safe place to work.

Hi abhiramdas

Is it truth? I will arrange a schedular to visit Zimbabwe in 2011.I have many queries like you.Can you tell me more details about Zimbabwe if you have free time. thanks

Iam a citizen of Zimbabwe, i can help with the information you want to ask. True is a free country.Our first port of call is honest speaking and open.How?.When we genuinely like ourselves, we become more attractive to other people. We have more to offer others because we are not constantly focused on our own image and reputation.
We become better friends because we don't cling. We are secure enough to spend time with a friend because we want to, not because we need to. On one hand, what brings people to this world is this amazing opportunity to meet people from all over the world. On the other, when it cames to making friends it becomes more difficult. Not everyone we know becomes our friend, right? ,Also sharing passion is another great way of people with the same interested, so it's high possibility that you become friends
you can contact me
[email protected]

hy all
i would like to know more about Hwange town (not the game park or Victoria falls).I would like to know which kind of town is that?Are there any places where to go in the evening after work?Is it safe to move there with my family? Is there electricity?
I will move thre soon for job but I've not found anything on the web.
Thanks all

yes electricity is there and you go to place places like Bobins camp the facilities are still good. But during the night not offen becouse you always meet large elepphants. Is a resort town so quite.
I will to call there ask more but the place is good to stay we as well.
[email protected]

Thank You Nyonie,
at least I've got something more...
What do you mean a resort town?
Have you any photos of Hwange town (streets)?

A resort town is small town. I will try to find for you and more information about the area.
The place is good.

HWANGE
There are a variety of accomadation options available at the three main rest camps Maincamp, Robins and Sinimatella camps. Ranging from luxury to basic camping.

Main Camp is of the course the hub of Hwange national park .It is the main centre for all activities based in the park, the is an abundance of viewing opportunities available within a short drive out of the camp gates.

Sinimatella camp is a couple of hours drive from main camp and is situated on a mesa overlooking the plains. An abundance of buffalo, elephant and lion make this camp a highlight to any african wildlife safari.

Robins Camp is the most basic of the camps, but it gives the traveller a more realistic view of the bush and it's wildlife. The accomadations are a lot closer to nature and a lot more rustic. Wildlife viewing is available along the rough roads.Contact National Parks office-Zimbabwe to book your accomadation in Harare.
I am failing to put pictures on this is really big.

Thank again Nyonie.
Only that I'm not goig for tourism there.So I will look for an house to rent.

Where are you from ,House to rent is not a problem there at Hwange you can get it.I don't the prize but it's cheap.

i'm from italy.

So you are looking for full house or a family house.
You can get it there it's not a problem.

My partner is 28 he hasn't been to zim since he was 16! He wants to move back home,I'm happy to go I'm just worried about what to expect,we have a 4yr old,I don't speak any shona,we will be living in harare with mom to begin with! My main worry is will we be safe?

Dear abhiramdas

Please clean you mail box as it is full and cannot reply back to you
Thanks and once done contact us again to share our Bulgarian experience with you
Regards
Sokoni

Tina2 wrote:

My partner is 28 he hasn't been to zim since he was 16! He wants to move back home,I'm happy to go I'm just worried about what to expect,we have a 4yr old,I don't speak any shona,we will be living in harare with mom to begin with! My main worry is will we be safe?

Tina2, did you move to Zim?