Moving into Maldives...

Hello everyone, I am Aman currently working in London from the last 3 years and recently got offer from one resort in Maldives Island company offer me everything..with $1000 monthly is it good offer to accept because London offering me better range in salary wise,,I just need break from Europe do you think its good offer to accept it meanwhile how long its take for work permit?? thx a lot in advance...

For a country like Maldives, that's a pretty good salary. But coming all the way from London, its quite less.

But since you're looking for a break, i don't see anything better. I mean Maldives is one of the best & beautiful tourist spots out there. You get to vacation there and get paid at the same time :D

Enjoy bro..!

Hello Aman.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Maldives forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

HI Aman,

lets see, like i always say to everyone, all depends on your profession and industry & your employer, lets say you join one of the reputed hotels a a sous chef and your basic is 1000$, and you will also get a service charge, of anything from 500-1200USD per month. all this adds up. and you dont pay tax on your earnings.. you will be given free accomodation and food. hence you can save up to everything you earn here.. how does that sound? great huh? but again depends on your profession, industry and employer...

cheers
mooch

Thank you everyone for your useful information) Just quick enquiry how is the night life in Maldives?? can I travel easily travel boat or I heard about sea taxi ?? is it expansive to travel with?

Hello Aman.

Night life in the Maldives, when working in resorts, is what you do with it. Some resort have a staff bar, some don't. Some allow the staff to go to the guest bar, some don't. It also depends of your department and position sometimes.
Travelling to another resort for a night out might happens, rarelly though, in my experience.
The seaplane are mainly for the guests (they pay for it and staff don't, and it's pretty expensive) you might get a space if some are available. You might get bumped at the last minute, if a guest needs the space.
Some resorts are closer to Male (the capital) than others, sometimes boats are organised for the staff to go on their day off to Male.

Many good things you can do in the Maldives, but I wouldn't get to exited about the night life, specially compared with London or a big city like that ;-)

Enjoy!