Need advice: what to do in a fraud case

hello everyone.
I am sorry for disturbing you since i live far away from Kenya. However i've faced with an issue i can not solve from Russia. Maybe you could advice me.
Me and my friends were planning to go to Kenya as tourists for New Year. We found the safari company via internet. We have agreed with this company on the itinerary, hotels, price.
I was requested to pay 50% of the tour cost for the hotels booking. When the money were transferred, I received the confirmation of 3 hotels booked out of 5 hotels planned. Till that time everything was more or less OK.
In October I was requested to pay the rest 50%.
When the money were transferred I have received the email from one of the company's employees to block the payment because the company director was going to use my money for other purposes. I have sent the request to the hotline of Barclays bank where the account of this company is opened . However the money were already credited to the account in the bank of Kenya and there was no possibility to withdraw them back.
Then it turned out that one of the three hotels claimed to be paid in June was not paid at all. Finally after several scandal emails I have received the confirmation for this hotel. But still I do not have neither confirmation of the 2 rest hotels, nor confirmation of the safari organization (transportation, fuel, park entrance fees, etc.). I have written multiple emails to this tourist company however no reply was received. I have requested to cancel the whole tour and return me my money - again no answer.
The same employee of this company has informed me via his personal email that nothing was done and that the director is ignoring me and is going to steal my money.
In total I have paid to this company 8290 USD plus bank commissions.
I have sent complaints to the Ministry of Tourism, Police, Tourist police of Kenya and even Tax ministry. But i've got no answer at all. It seems that nobodu is going to do anything about this situation...
Maybe you could advice what else can i do and whom can i address?

Thanks a lot in advance
Daria

Welcome to Expat.com Daria!

Sorry for what happened to you.

Hope that you'll soon be advised and that everything will be ok.

Good luck,
Harmonie.

Thanks for support, Harmonie! i really hope all will be solved... The money we lost is pretty huge amount for us :(

If the company exists, I see the solution definitely.

I will revert shortly.

Kashif

Its very sad thta u lost ur money ( ihope u get it back ) and also the chance to visit kenya.

do u have the proofs of payments ?
u can also try the embassy/highcommission of kenya in ur country to help u out.

Yes, the company exists (at least i've seen reviews of it on tripadvisor). It's name is Eyes on Nature Expeditions, and they are on Moi Avenue in Nairobi.
I do have all the comfirmations of the money transfer to their account in Barclays bank. All of these documents were sent to the ministry and police. But still no answer :(

Hi Daria,

If you could email me the contacts of the person you were dealing with I will contact them from here (Kenya) and find out what's going on. [email protected]

hello to everyone. I want to thank you for your support and readiness to help expressed both on the forum and in personal messages!
Hopefully, the ministry of tourism has paid attention to this issue and forced the company to pay all hotels and provide the official confirmation of the safari organization.
so, now we just need to wait and hope that all will go right :)
thanks again!
Daria