Soon to be new in Nairobi

Hi,
I'm a 25 yo girl from Denmark, currently working for a Danish trading company.

I've just accepted a transfer to my company's office in Nairobi, located at Ngong Road just at the Junction.
I'm looking for a place to stay, interested in living with flatmate/s, but alone is also an option.
Arrival is estimated beginning of May.

Please get back to me if you think you have something of interest, or can refer me to someone!

Would also be very interested in meeting new people, and would love a guided tour through the city if anyone is interested? :)

Best regards,
Stine

Hello Stine,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thanks Christine!

Check out Nairobi expat social on Facebook

Hi ,}
I am live in adams ( close to the Uchumy arcare ) ,.
so yes U can live in Adams , too ,. ( or close too,. that is so close to the Ngong RD ,. is a good locations  But is expensive ,.

you can live in wetlands that is more ship ,but is more far , too.
( and U know the traffic in Nairobi is ....so Chaotic ;/

Hey,i live in jamuhuri,ngong road near a major shopping mall. You can come this sides.Ts quit affordable

hey call me when you are around email me on [email protected] we can keep charting on gmail with that account to get acquitted better

Hey Stine? Contact me on [email protected] or call me on +254 711 884972. Il show you everywhere you want to go, anytime, alright?

Hi

I have a place on Lenana Road that is up for rent.  Let me know once you come in.

Lenana road is close to Ngong Road and the Junction.

Regards

Hi Stine

I think also the type of house you are looking for matters, 1,2 bed roomed house,swimming pool, etc so that  whoever in this fild to help will be sure of what he/she looking for. Or else someone might tell you,oh yes Stine I have got a nice house for you......yet to your arrival its not what you was expected. Thanks

Hi Stine
Welcome to Expat.com & Nairobi
A friend of mine, she is looking for a Room mate, place is just near Junction, Affordable & Good. She is reliable and working with Kenya Government.
If interested Inbox me, will share her number and email.

Cheerz!!!

hi,i have a 1 bedroom guest house at junction close ngong road for 60000kes.email: [email protected]

Hello guys,

I invite you to post an advert in the housing in Nairobi section.

Thank you,
Christine

Hi Stine am very glad to read about your plans to land in Nairobi-Kenya, you are highly welcome. Am Vincent a Graphic Designer and al be very pleased to help you out.
  First and foremost Nairobi is a cool and great place to be in, but to be honest Stine you need to be very careful with the people you interact with since there are con men and bad company who always target people like you.Av witnessed some cases thats why i need to protect or advice innocent souls like you. But all in all its a place easy to cope with and ul definitely like it.
  Lastly its such a great pleasure since i live near Junction, Ngong rd just 10mins drive,I can get you a place to live or for the meantime you can feel free at my place as i show you around.
All the best and please trust me and ul never regret it.Thanx
You can holla through y email: [email protected] or cell +254720619914 or +254752163116

Pleasure meeting you and welcome to Nairobi. looking forward to seeing you soon.
Good day

Hi Stine,
Nice decision you made. My name is Lawrence Eric, thought I had to reply back to your post considering many foreigners coming to Kenya experience it rough for the first days and that can really put anyone off. Kenya is more than that and I know with the right open minded attitude, you can have the best stay in Kenya than least expected. I am an internet marketer, currently working with a local furniture company marketing their items, also live around ngong road area with my girlfriend.
You can always hit me back and I can help where I can.
Have a nice day.:)

Hi,

and welcome. if you need any assistance, i live in that area and could give you a few suggestions. email me at [email protected]

hey stine,
am happy to help you on whatever you need,i work with children in the slums, and having an organization that deals with community deveopment and exchange program for students and volunteers,i also have a place you might stay buts thats far from ngong, though its cheap and next to a police st.welcome

Dear all,
Thanks for all your responses! Really appreciate it.
I will try to reply those of you who have offered acommedation or can refer me to someone :)

Cheers!

hi. i can refer you to someone. hit me up on 0723 120 345 if interested.

[Moderated: Please register yourself into Business directory]

Hey stine,

Glad to know you will be working near the junction.this is such a nice place. i also live near the junction and its cool.the surrounding is quiet.i work not far away too.
this will be awesome.we can make good friend as i show you around.

looking forward to meeting you.

Best wishes,
Edna.

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

Hi and welcome to Nairobi!

Nice to have more Scandinavian people around here.. :)

Best wishes,

Hello Stine, I am impressed by the many offers of help you have received from this forum.  You should know that whereas some might be genuine, there have been numerous incidents where foreigners have been taken advantage of.  [Moderated: Use your private msg system pls].  I wish you success in your endeavor.
Charles.

Hi your very welcome to Kenya(Karibu sana)i work along ngong road near the JUNCTION MALL thats a good place because there are nice apartments in that neighbourhood called Kilimani.Tommorrow will send you a list of apartments around there.

Hi all!

I found a place now. Thanks so much for your help!
Very much appreciated

Best regards,
Stine

Hey, Glad you found a place! Im also living in nairobi on and off working anyway in june i'll be leaving my job so need to find a new place so I'm also looking for somewhere I had some trouble with fraud before was just wondering how you found your place? Would be great if you could get in touch i'm originally from London but I actually used to live in Denmark (Skive) although my danish is far from impressive haha! Thanks!

Hi,
My name is Harry I am from Scotland , I have seen ur post and I see that you are new to Nairobi,
I will be landing in the 01/06/13 and I am looking to set up a company, I will be there for 1 week .
Was wondering if possible you would mind having a meal/ drink and if possible you could kindly
Share your ups and downs that you have had since coming to Nbi.

I hope to hear from you.

Harry

Hi,
Would be glad to help you out in any way!

[Moderated: register yourself in our business directory pls]

Hi
how are you doing

Welcome to Nairobi