I m a software engineer with 5 Years of exp and 10000 SAR (pm) offered

Hi,

I m a software engineer with 5 years of experience and got an offer of 10000 SAR PM without accommodation and transport facility.

I just want to know, Is it good salary for a software engineer with 5 years of experience and is it possible to save some money in riyadh?.

I m a bachelor from india.

Thanks.

hello, sorry I have no idea about life in Riadh, but just FYI, in Dubai, for sure you cannot save with this salary!

u can save here, considering your a bachelor

sentsen wrote:

Hi,

I m a software engineer with 5 years of experience and got an offer of 10000 SAR PM without accommodation and transport facility.

Just out of curiosity - will the company provide accomodation and transportation OR are they expecting you to provide for your own accomodation and transportation with that 10K/m salary?

If it is the former then you can save ... but .. if it is the latter ... doable but will require a lot of tuna meals and roommates to share the cost of accomodation.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. But My Salary 10000 SAR is without accommodation and transportation facility.

and One more thing i just want to know, For 5 years of exp software engineer getting 10000 SAR. Is it acceptable?.

Thanks.

This is only 126000SAR per year. For a licensed engineer with 5 years experienced I would not accept this. You should be making AT LEAST 175000SAR per year, and that is if you are very desperate. I would not accept this offer even with accommodation. But everyone's situation is different and work is hard to find.

Good luck.

Thanks for your responses.

alpha89 wrote:

This is only 126000SAR per year. For a licensed engineer with 5 years experienced I would not accept this.

Canadian passport holder I suppose...

Yes I am wrong on this? It seems like a very little amount of money for this qualification.

I sense a minor hint of resentment towards my reply, care to elaborate instead of a post like that? lol

alpha89 wrote:

Yes I am wrong on this? It seems like a very little amount of money for this qualification.

I sense a minor hint of resentment towards my reply, care to elaborate instead of a post like that? lol

It doesn't have to do with resentment. :) That's my way of posting. People are paid mostly based on their passport color, that's all. A Canadian passport holder will get paid more than double that an Indian passport holder for the same job with the same set of skills and experience.