In marriage...

Hi there!

I am a Filipino Aupair in BELGIUM right now. I met this guy in Holland during my first aupair year and we`re still together until now. We are considering marriage before i end my ocntract and we`d like to know what we need and how to start with the process.

I hope we`re not too late since i`ll be ending my contract in August 2013.

All the best!

Hello Alesna!

I think you are not too late. I don't know about rules in Belgium, but if you are planing to be with your boyfriend in Holland, I'll try to help.

First of all you both should go to the municipality, in that city, when your boyfriend lives. They will say you what documents you need to prepeired for registration of marriage. From other side, you also need to go to IND in the Netherlands, and ask which procedures is better for you, as I think you are out of EU and you need a papers to stay. In case, it was with me like that...

And also my advise - most of the ways in here are a little bit expensive and complicated. But I found the EU law, wich made our registration of relationship and my stay in Holland, much faster. It calls "Verification agains EU law", in some cases it's not for dutch citizens (for EU citizens in general). But still ask it, if it's possible for you!!!!

As I know, if you are dutch and you are bringing your partner out from EU you need to pay in IND around 1.500 euro's for your application... With our method we payed only 40 euro's. Of course, maybe for you money is not really a problem.

Anyway, I hope you are at least a little bit informed. If you have some questions, I'll be happy to help, as I was in the same sityation.

Iryna

Hello alesna.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread may help as well : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150218

Thank you,
Aurélie