Spouse name addition in passport in Netherlands

Hi,
My husband has recently changed his name & religion & got passport accordingly. So, should I add his name in my passport. We are moving to enschede Netherlands . what's the rule over there ? All my documents have only my fathers name ....

Hi again.

In the Netherlands you are treated as an individual; your Forum information says you are from India, if it is normal in India to have your husbands name added or included in your passport, then there is no reason why you shouldn't.  Should you take Dutch nationality, then a woman's marital status is a feature of their Dutch passport, where there is a section that says "echtgenote van ..............." the dots would be the space for the surname of your husband, or "family name" as the Dutch know it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for ur reply ... I have one query. That is my husband has his passport with his name as given name  & fathers name as surname ... So while adding spouse name in my passport ... Is it ok to mention only my husband's name and not his fathers name added or should I mention his surname also ??
Then next qn is for our kids surname will be my husbands name and what abt the name of father again should I mention only my husband's name or with my husbands surname also ?

Shiffaya wrote:

Thanks for ur reply ... I have one query. That is my husband has his passport with his name as given name  & fathers name as surname ... So while adding spouse name in my passport ... Is it ok to mention only my husband's name and not his fathers name added or should I mention his surname also ??
Then next qn is for our kids surname will be my husbands name and what abt the name of father again should I mention only my husband's name or with my husbands surname also ?

Hi again.

The Dutch Government have no interest in your husband's fathers name.   I've just checked the online example of a female Indian passport and nowhere does it mention, or is there provision for the holder's husband, or his father's details.

This leads me to think we are talking to cross purposes; do you actually have an Indian passport, or are you now applying for them for yourself and your children?  If you're applying for passports then you should answer the questions on the form; I've never seen an application form for an Indian passport; I can say that in general and with regards to children, they are interested in the child's father, not the father's father.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi
Thanks once again for your reply ... Myself and my husband are indians having indian passports and as I told earlier since he has changed his name & religion he has changed all his documents with new name along with surname ( that is his fathers name ) . we are basically south indians living currently in mumbai. We are married recently and here north indians use surname for everything and that's why passport agent asked us to have surname in all documents including bank ... Now iam abt to renew my passport with new address & spouse name addition & also he is changing his name, address & adding my name in his passport . we will be moving to Netherlands soon in a couple of months for job. 
So , now when I enquired here they are asking me to add in the spouse name my husbands name along with his surname which I don't want to do.
I prefer to add only my husband's name but the agent & customer care ppl say that u May face problem while travelling to abroad if u add only husbands name in place of spouse name ...
That's why iam confused also now in addition to that if I give birth to baby in Netherlands will it be that country's citizen or indian citizen ??
Also do we get resident card over there after delivering baby over there ??
Also when I apply for passport for my baby I will be putting my husbands name as surname for baby and what shd I put in name of father place in back of passport whether only my husbands  name or his fathers name also included
That is my husbands name is rehan & surname is bakrhavachalam (my husbands father name as in passport )
So in my babys passport in name of father section is it ok to enter rehan only or along with his surname that is rehan bakthavachalam...
Or wtever we decide & give in embassy ??
Kindly revert & thank u so much ...

Someone in enschede Netherlands pls reply