Iphone 5 launch on 5th September, your expectations for the features??

I would rather go for a bigger display with sleek design,a flash support browser, HDMI support and ofcourse a powerful battery !!

i wont be able to buy it any way so i don't really care about its features >>

Well my expectation are realistic: Sleek design, larger screen, more user Intuitive iOS and 4G support. I'm otherwise absolutely satisfied with my iPhone-4S.

Hey @AdnanHashmi, it seems you don't know about a very important update. Adobe will no longer create/upgrade any Flash plug-ins for Androids. So Flash is going away from Androids even. The verdict is based on the fact that they have 'finally' concluded Flash not suitable for handheld devices. They are now agreed that Flash opens so many vulnerabilities because of the nature of coding which is classified 'unmanaged' in the programming world.

Well, the genius Steve Jobs said this 4/5 years back. Seems it's making sense to people NOW!

Nothing to worry about, Flash will go from world soon and HTML5 will replace it. Personally, there is not even a single website that I use (on iPhone or iPad) that uses Flash. Who uses it now?

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Well my expectation are realistic: Sleek design, larger screen, more user Intuitive iOS and 4G support. I'm otherwise absolutely satisfied with my iPhone-4S.

Hey @AdnanHashmi, it seems you don't know about a very important update. Adobe will no longer create/upgrade any Flash plug-ins for Androids. So Flash is going away from Androids even. The verdict is based on the fact that they have 'finally' concluded Flash not suitable for handheld devices. They are now agreed that Flash opens so many vulnerabilities because of the nature of coding which is classified 'unmanaged' in the programming world.

Well, the genius Steve Jobs said this 4/5 years back. Seems it's making sense to people NOW!

Nothing to worry about, Flash will go from world soon and HTML5 will replace it. Personally, there is not even a single website that I use (on iPhone or iPad) that uses Flash. Who uses it now?

Yea i totally recall steve job's statement which was ""New open standards created in the mobile era, such as HTML5, will win on mobile devices (and PCs too). Perhaps Adobe should focus more on creating great HTML5 tools for the future, and less on criticizing Apple for leaving the past behind," he wrote."

What a legend he was !!

And as per your experience regarding any flash site that you need to visit using your iphone, the game is already clear for Adobe. This does not mean Flash is directly supported on your device, just that the media server is able to export Flash assets as an HTML-supporting format, for example, so you should eventually be able to access such content.

adnanhashmi wrote:

I would rather go for a bigger display with sleek design,a flash support browser, HDMI support and ofcourse a powerful battery !!

I would rather go for a bigger display with sleek design,a flash support browser, HDMI support and ofcourse a powerful battery !!= SAMSUNG SMARTPHONES...

Just kidding!!! :lol:

Popolocroix wrote:
adnanhashmi wrote:

I would rather go for a bigger display with sleek design,a flash support browser, HDMI support and ofcourse a powerful battery !!= SAMSUNG SMARTPHONES...

Just kidding!!! :lol:

No offence but i dont love the touch feeling of samsung at all :P

This is an Apple thread so mentioning Samsung is even offtopic :lol:

I agree with you 100% Adnan. The screen and touch-and-feel is big time thing missing in Samsung. I can't live with Samsung more than 10-15 second.

As far as battery life is concerned. Show me a smart phone with 3G on, notifications on, providing retina quality display and battery works longer than an iPhone. Smartphone can do so many smart things, battery of course will be a trade-off.

As far as open source is concerned, it's against the philosphy of life. Who can keep his door open and rest relaxed. Some restrictions are vital :)

adnanhashmi wrote:

Larger screen/display will happen but rest of wish list is highly unlikely.
If 4G comes not sure if it will support frequency used in Saudia as like iPad 4G may only be for US market

Google maps will be replaced by apple maps with ? navigation option

I'll probably stick with iPhone 4 as it is serving me well and i can manage all i like. Curtain raiser is on 12 September with new phone available in UK from 21 September. I'll make most of iOS 6 update as it will freshen my phone.

hope they will open apple store here in riyadh

bettleguese wrote:

hope they will open apple store here in riyadh

Not in near future I guess.

Check out: http://www.wewantapplesaudi.com/

Waiting for 12th Sep
4 Inch Screen with ofcourse same depth and Retina Display
8MP Camera, SIRI
IOS 6.
Sleek design with a much faster processor