Cancellation of STC landline(jood)

Dear all,

Previously I was located at exit 16. I recently shifted to new location where I don't have stc landline connection (optic fibre). I tried disconnecting the service by dialing 907 & follow in the instructions to disconnect temporarily. The service replied that thy ve taken the req. And will soon process it. But still I m gettin the bills every month (almost 400sar). One of the call center guy told to visit te office at dhira. Thy will surely help you on the cancelation. Can anybody tell me wher and how get the stc office located at dhira? Please help me. I am leaving the country next month and I want clear all debts that are on my iqama.

Thank you.

You have to visit their main office along King Fahad otherwise your account is not gonna be officially disconnected. On your visit, you are gonna be asked of your iqama copy and disconnection fees plus the remaining bills. So don't waste your time sitting at home and waiting for the disconnection while your bills is like a ticking bomb every its due date. Hence, visit the office and tell them that "the service is no longer and it is over". Lol, scratch the latter.
Simply, No visit, No disconnection.

seeker of truth wrote:

Simply, No visit, No disconnection.

Well said.
I did pass through the daunting experience of STC line disconnection. They'll never do it until you visit them in their office on intersection of Malik Fahad with Tahlia.

Could you able to share the location of the office @ king fahad? Coz, this taxi guys take the advantage of people do not the address even though thy know it..!!!

BTW, how much you paid fine for early disconnection? Coz when I visited stc office @ olaya street, every single person said different amount as early disconnection fine.. (400, 200, 300)

I am already suffering from this and this is agonizing. I had a Jood-2 10 MB package with Hatif connection, eventually I had to change my residence and I did visit STC Office in Mursalat to put up a request for disconnection as my new residence doesn't have STC DB. They refused to disconnect unless and until I pay 900 SARs upfront!
I am wondering why should I pay this hefty sum when I am not using the service anymore and disconnection is inevitable as STC don't have Jood services in several urban setups of Riyadh.
I wish anyone from STC could see this post to give us a bit of a relief from these unreasonable dues.

U haven't disconnected u r connection yet? And where is this mursalath? Can u guide me to go der? Rite now I m stayin in al aziziya.
Please reply

They are refusing to disconnect my connection unless and until I agree to pay that unreasonable disconnection fee.
If you are living in Azizya then you should better off to STC office on Tahliah street

What procedure  :/:/

Dont comment just for the sake of writing!!!!!
If you have nothing useful to share then don't poke your nose. Everyone is following a procedure here .

Try searching in Google maps.  It should be there. Just visit the office to avoid all the fuss.
Thank you!

seeker of truth wrote:

Try searching in Google maps.  It should be there. Just visit the office to avoid all the fuss.
Thank you!

Here: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.693875,46.680466

Hey, chill man.. Somebody replied "just follow the procedure" .. Thts y I replied "what procedures".. But now I m not able to find it, FYI, I m writing for the sake of comment.. I know my problems..!

Brother the process is very easy

Just visit nearest STC service center : I did at corner of exit 13  / east ring road & ask then to cancel the number & give you confirmation #

You need to pay the bill in all case to get your lined cancelled.

I paid 7 months  bill as penalty as there was a dial tone in my landline.

Brother,
I m happy to inform that my landline got cancelled. Yes, I have paid the fine for canceling early before two years contract ( which is minimum term for connection). You have to pay 200sr for early cancellation. My bill was around 400, plus the fine, is 600sr. I paid and got cancelled. I dunno abt others, for me thy have not charged more. BTW, the easiest STC office address is 'takassussi street, sulamanya al habib hospital, king Abdullah road'. Just a 100mts away from the hospital. Friday & Saturday it will be closed. Any one out ther want to cancel the connection, you have go this office and please don't be aggressive wit dem. the more angry u r the more bill u might get  ;) . This was my experience with the stc landline jood connection.

Mabrook!

Shukraan 😉😉

Hi... I just want to ask .. How did you know if your internet is already disconnected....?on my case...i pay for the disconnection bill for about 382 sar.. And the stc man there said that my connection will be automatically close within 24 hours but my internet at home is still working what should i do?and do u think what does it mean if the connection is still there?do u have any idea?thanks

Is it the same procedure to disconnect the STC land line in 2016?

I did not know that I was making a 2 years contract, they should at least explain this to the customers. Poor customer support from STC.

I temporarily disconnected my connection once last month and the cost of doing it is 40 SAR, but you still get the line charges (about 15 SAR) every month.

Cyenatiks wrote:

Hi... I just want to ask .. How did you know if your internet is already disconnected....?on my case...i pay for the disconnection bill for about 382 sar.. And the stc man there said that my connection will be automatically close within 24 hours but my internet at home is still working what should i do?and do u think what does it mean if the connection is still there?do u have any idea?thanks

If you don't receive the next month's bill, then service is disconnected. The connection might keep running though, check your next month's bill.

Dear, aftr paying u r dues, you will get a slip for the payment. Keep it, coz u know Saudis are lazy and according to my experience, thy will not cancel it for atleast for the next month and the bill will generate. When you get the bill evn though u ve have cancelled, tell thm the reference number by calling to their customer care. And please don't use the internet from the day you decide you to cancel the net. Coz thy ll be waiting to generate more bill for the next month aftr the cancellation. You will not know whether the net is stopped or not. It's wat happened to me also. It was active. But I did not use it. Coz, u know... I took a prepaid net sim and started using it.

Do you have any updates on cancellation fees and cancellation procedure.Even iam trying to cancel my stc landline connection.Please let me know

As per my previous experience, it may vary depending upon how many months u hav left in u r contract. Example: if u wanna cancel aftr 3 months of u r contract, it would be 400sar. If u wanna cancel aftr 1yr of the contract it would be 100 or 200sar. You can also check wit the customer care also. Thy ll also tell.

I have an internet line serviced for over two years with 199.00 SAR per month and is easy to cancel anytime because the contract was for one year only.

After two years of service, I was transferred to another city within the kingdom and I settled the remaining amount to STC office where I was stationed for a reason that I need to disconnect the service permanently. I had the receipt of being fully paid the remaining amount because I don't like to face problem in the future...and during payment transaction, I told to STC staff I will be paying all amount -
cleared because I am no longer staying in this city...and  please disconnect the service permanently! I repeat that twice!

After 3 weeks, a person from STC Office Riyadh phoned me and asked: What is the reason why you want to disconnect the line? I replied, it is due to relocation! Then he replied, we can offer you 100 Riyal per month for first year, and the succeeding year will be SAR199 and what you do is to call STC customer service and check the STC line outside of your house and take the number. I replied, we are staying in the temporary accommodation and absolutely there is no telephone landline because everyone is using prepaid data internet. I told him please disconnect the line. Then, he replied: after a few minutes you will receive an sms confirmation of cancellation of service BUT I did not received!

TODAY ITSELF I RECEIVED AN SMS FROM STC REMINDING ME TO PAY (300 SAR) YOU HAVE NOT PAID THE AMOUNT DUE...

I must visit the STC office and complain personally. Do you think I am obliged to pay this amount?

Anyone have experience the same? Please advice.

So what did you do? After clearing the amount? Did STC still billed you because they don't disconnect as they are lazy? Did you pay the amount of unused internet service?

Please advice because it happens to me now. I have two months unpaid! I have the receipt!

Mine was clear. One year contract. After one year service I can cancel it and the modem is mine. I used for over two years but of course you have to pay the consume bytes of  internet used.

Saeed,

I had similar issue, when they sent me bill after clearing everything.

I complained this in CITC. It got resolved very quickly.  (http://www.citc.gov.sa/en/Pages/default.aspx)

You can write your query in English.

If nothing works out, you can make use of CITC

Why 600 sar fine for disconnecting the stc line

The fine is because u didn't complete the contract limit of 1 year with Jood. after one year u will be able to disconnect it with free of cost.

I too facing the same issue right now. Fed up and afraid to get any services registered in Saudi arabia.. this is really a mess.. Every thing is Mess here .. any registration for new services is very easy respective of any sector for cancellation is very difficult..

Hello anyone can help me answer my problem regards to my stc internet connection 🙂  btw last February 02,2024 ,i subscribed the landline stc internet  under 12 months contract .the issue is i lost my job my company declared closed, and they decided to send me back in my country  this coming march 5 2024,? And thet give us exit visa...The question is how much i need to pay for disconnection.. please respect my post 🙏 im sorry for my words i don't know i how to speak in English well