STC 4G Router Speed Issue, Speed Not Even 1MB , Please Help

i used 4G STC 12month package last year i got very good speed like 17MB minimum and sometimes 30MB, december 2014 i renewed my sim with same package but not getting speed ..
speed is like 20KB to max 80KM not even 1MB .. i can't open google page ... i phoned many times to STC thy said eveything is ok,  do this do that but it's still same.

one of my friend bought same package with new router last month first time, he is getting same problem , one other friend bought same package 2 days ago and he is getting same speed 20KB

i noticed one thing after midnight like 1AM speed comes up with 20 to 30MB for 2..3 hours .
could some one tell me what should i do :(

is there anyone who is facing same problem could anyone help me out , my signals are full but i think STC did something with new policy or somthing ...

please help me guys

Does the speed decrease after you used the internet ?

I can't get your point , are you downloading more than 2 or 3 GB and then the speed becomes 20 KBPS ?

Because STC and Mobily have "Fair Usage Policy" which limits your daily Download Usage !

thnx for ur reply .
no man .. it's not like when i download somthing thn speed decrease ... speed is like this from the day first ... as i told after 12AM speed increase for 2..3 hours ... thn again same ...
and yes i knew about mobily thy say unlimited but it's not unlimited but i'm not sure abt STC cuz i asked from many ppl thy said STC is unlimited not like zain or mobily ...
but last year speed was nice like 17MB evn i downloaded lot's of games and movies ... why thy didn't decrease  the speed last year as well... ?
help me guys :(

Stc has received tons of complaints the past two weeks or so. There seems to be an issue with internet speed for many stc customers. The company is not really admitting that there is anything wrong with the service but the massive amounts of complaints proves the opposite.

This true, something is wrong with STC internet and probably all companies in the country,I have been facing this problem around 6 month so I just gave up.
Internet speed was really fast before like around 500kb/s now it's always around 50 or 100kb/s something is wrong

moderated by Julien
reason : vulgar post

you said..."i used 4G STC 12month package last year i got very good speed like 17MB minimum and sometimes 30MB, december 2014 i renewed my sim with same package but not getting speed'

what is your speed package? you only say 4g for 12 months.

i have 3g 12 months unlimited speed. it's working ok.

another: where was your location last year? where is your location now?

try to reset:
1) your modem. and check the configuration.
2) your mobile phone

best of luck.

STC-Sucks wrote:

i used 4G STC 12month package last year i got very good speed like 17MB minimum and sometimes 30MB, december 2014 i renewed my sim with same package but not getting speed ..
speed is like 20KB to max 80KM not even 1MB .. i can't open google page ... i phoned many times to STC thy said eveything is ok,  do this do that but it's still same.

one of my friend bought same package with new router last month first time, he is getting same problem , one other friend bought same package 2 days ago and he is getting same speed 20KB

i noticed one thing after midnight like 1AM speed comes up with 20 to 30MB for 2..3 hours .

is there anyone who is facing same problem could anyone help me out , my signals are full but i think STC did something with new policy or somthing ...

please help me guys

well as i said this is 4G it means 4G got better speed thn 3G,
package is unlimited 4G downloading speed with 12 months  ... and it's same package which i got last year as well and same location where i was last year RIYADH Exit 19 .
i tried everything reset modem i changed my sim as well ...
it's not only me my 2 other friends are facing same shit .... but after midnight speed increase i dont know what's wrong with STC .. may be STC is doing fraud .. dont knw :(

mannyd wrote:

you said..."i used 4G STC 12month package last year i got very good speed like 17MB minimum and sometimes 30MB, december 2014 i renewed my sim with same package but not getting speed'

what is your speed package? you only say 4g for 12 months.

i have 3g 12 months unlimited speed. it's working ok.

another: where was your location last year? where is your location now?

try to reset:
1) your modem. and check the configuration.
2) your mobile phone

best of luck.

STC-Sucks wrote:

please help me guys

did you ask STC? by the way, this STC website. check which package do you have.

4G does not mean fast speed. :-)

i'm using STC postpaid 400 with  microsim on my new 4g phone. i have no problem at all. are you using  a router/modem?

if you are using the sim on a mobile phone, on the top of the screen you will see the type of signal e.g. 3G, 4g, H, or E.

if your mobile phone is not 4g, then you will not get 4g signal. also distance from the tower to your site is consideration. you mentioned that after midnight, the speed increases. it means that at those times, there are less traffic in your area that's why you got higher speed. your neighbors are sleeping by that time. :-)

http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/e … gescompare

now check your area if you are covered by a 4g or 3g  or 2g.

http://mobile-coverage.stc.com.sa/jawalcov_EN.aspx

thnx for your comment , but no one wants to understand that what i'm trying to say...
anyways i think you didn't read my all comments , im an IT Eng. i knew very well about E, 3G, 3.5G, n 4G ..
and my area is fully covered with 4G signals.
i'm using router and im sure u r getting very well speed as i had last year.

mannyd wrote:

did you ask STC? by the way, this STC website. check which package do you have.

4G does not mean fast speed. :-)

i'm using STC postpaid 400 with  microsim on my new 4g phone. i have no problem at all. are you using  a router/modem?

if you are using the sim on a mobile phone, on the top of the screen you will see the type of signal e.g. 3G, 4g, H, or E.

if your mobile phone is not 4g, then you will not get 4g signal. also distance from the tower to your site is consideration. you mentioned that after midnight, the speed increases. it means that at those times, there are less traffic in your area that's why you got higher speed. your neighbors are sleeping by that time. :-)

http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/e … gescompare

Dude im getting the same problem... i bought a 3 month unlimited subscription for the 4 g router after i renewed it worked fine for a few days .... i was playing DOTA on it without any lag... now im not even getting 0.5 mb of speed... .ive tried everything like a maniac... even put the freakin router outside the window to try to make it work...nothing... even changed configuration to 3g ....nothing... and as you said was getting 7mb after midnight... i am hating STC right now...

Believe it or not, exactly the same issue.

I have 4G Router with unlimited package.

I used it at 3 different places. Olaya , Exit 21 & Manfhoha. It's not even giving 1 MB D/L.
Logged the case with STC they came up with an answer that we checked & every thing is OK. You might not getting the signals.

It's a mental torture, & a best gift you can give to your enemy.

same case here, before like 2 mb downloading, now 0.2mb. Since 5 days making new complain everyday, but to no advantage, they even turned my sim off for a day maybe to make me suffer for making these complains.

zohaibar wrote:

same case here, before like 2 mb downloading, now 0.2mb. Since 5 days making new complain everyday, but to no advantage, they even turned my sim off for a day maybe to make me suffer for making these complains.

Seriously they turned off your sim for a day.....Thats very rude...

i am thinking of getting a 3 month unlimited 4g STC, shall i look at other provider?

i live in front of al fotha park corner shara kazhan

I was with STC and found after downloading approximately 1gig in a day I was getting throttled to about 60kb/s. Voted with my feet and went over to Zain which has slightly better speeds than STC ever was where I live.

i just found out that our place has strong 4G signal, does it guarantee me a fast internet speed? pls reply y'all. thanks

you will face the same issue as mentioned in this forum, Most probably. because I live in the same area and I feel the same way daily. Can't do anything, just have to live with it.

As i have seen in most of the cases, there is no issue while browsing, it is seamless. But only a few lucky people get good speeds while downloading, and i am not among them. :(

I live behind the Four points.

Same issue here at naseem area stc is very slow not even close to 3G speed only 20kb - 50kb this always happens and often times gets disconnected. Any suggestions, is mobily better? thanks.

All of you guys get migrate to fiber of stc or mobily if available in your area. It's a bit expensive but share with some neighbour as the speed is like hell.

Single solution to all your problem.

:dumbom:

@STC-Sucks u right. even me bought same time as u. now very slow. less than 1 mbps. maybe i wil dump after term expires in november