Mobily cheated on me... :-(

I bought an internet SIM worth SAR 575 with 6 months validity... they told me I have a limit of 20 gb per week. But when I started using it... it gives 4g speed till 1 gb and then i receive a text from mobily that my internet usage is high and i will get interrupted services... I then I start getting 2g speed for that day... it happens every day...

So in a week I can only use 7gb with 4g speed.... rest I have to use it with 2g speed which is very bad...

Beware of buying the mobily internet SIM.

Thanks for the warning, been thinking of switching but I gess ill have to chill. :rolleyes:

Have you learned about their fair use policy? Please do.

And mobily did not cheat you ....... Mobily cheated you...

azfar789 wrote:

I bought an internet SIM worth SAR 575 with 6 months validity... they told me I have a limit of 20 gb per week. But when I started using it... it gives 4g speed till 1 gb and then i receive a text from mobily that my internet usage is high and i will get interrupted services... I then I start getting 2g speed for that day... it happens every day...

So in a week I can only use 7gb with 4g speed.... rest I have to use it with 2g speed which is very bad...

Beware of buying the mobily internet SIM.

Friend,

We have the same problem with mobily. You must restart your phone or do not use internet for a day to bring back the 4G signal to your mobily. Mobily & STC reduced your internet bandwidth as for their fair policy. So keep in mind that many users also experienced the same fact. Remember also that mobily is not DSL that can be have stable speed... :D

Dear,

You mix up between 4G Download and 4G Speed. Mobile Operators at KSA, including Mobily, sell you Download Packages, and all, including the "Unlimited", are actually subject to what they call "Fair Usage Policy". The speed will vary from service to service; for example, 3G and 4G will provide you high speeds, with no guaranteed speed rate, because it is shared, so it would depend on the available resources on the network. The unlimited, though, refers to the "download", and it is unlimited, with the condition that you don`t exceed 1GB or 2GB of download per day. Once you exceed the download limit, your 3G or 4G speed, which is high, will drop down to lower levels, probably to KBs. with KB speeds, you won`t be able to enjoy many applications that need higher speed rates.

Bottom line, if you wanna use a mobile service (3G,4G,etc.) from any operator, you wanna consider the Fair Usage Policy even if you have the "Unlimited Package". If you consume many GBs every day, then go for Fiber Optics, which is available in KSA, because Fiber Optics provides you higher speeds with no restricted downloading.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info :-)

but they should tell us when we but SIM... I could have bought the SIM which cost less... :-( ... SAR 575 was the highest plan that they had... i told them i have high usage... but its not worth....

Evanic wrote:

Thanks for the warning, been thinking of switching but I gess ill have to chill. :rolleyes:

yeah... before Mobily I had zen with 10 gb data... it was better.... the validity was 3 months... i finished it in 1 month...

azfar789 wrote:

but they should tell us when we but SIM... I could have bought the SIM which cost less... :-( ... SAR 575 was the highest plan that they had... i told them i have high usage... but its not worth....

This is their sales strategy of most of the broadband network to mis-informed their clients which has a few knowledge about network technology.... Better to have internet connection through Fiber Optics if your a very high user and wants the speed to be fast or DSL if you cannot afford Fiber Optic. STC is offering FTTH which use fiber optics that is unlimited and have a fast connection.

I am using 4G of STC now and maintaining my Data usage per month to average so i will not loose the speed... Btw,my accomodation was next to the 4G tower of STC so no problem for the speed for me. :proud

I agree with you, sales agents must make it very clear for customers. I believe they indicate the Fair Usage Policy (FUP) on their brochure, with very small font though! :)

ColdWater wrote:

I agree with you, sales agents must make it very clear for customers. I believe they indicate the Fair Usage Policy (FUP) on their brochure, with very small font though! :)

you see..20gb per week is a good amount. However I can use only 7 gb per week with 3g/4g speed...   :sosad:

Hi guys.

If the mobily or zain 10 gb card is at SAR 115 appox which means if we use 10 GB every week the monthly charge itself will be SAR 450 approx and here mobily is offering this service for SAR 575 for 6 months. Let be fair guys this is a good deal provided we do not overdo things. Using 10 GB in a week is a heavy useage. I have STC unlimited package but since I am using it fairly I have good speed when ever I use it.  :)

mahnut wrote:

Hi guys.

If the mobily or zain 10 gb card is at SAR 115 appox which means if we use 10 GB every week the monthly charge itself will be SAR 450 approx and here mobily is offering this service for SAR 575 for 6 months. Let be fair guys this is a good deal provided we do not overdo things. Using 10 GB in a week is a heavy useage. I have STC unlimited package but since I am using it fairly I have good speed when ever I use it.  :)

But the real issue here is mis-information rigth. The company never highlight the fair usage policy. Because most of the consumer does not know the fair usage policy. As the advertisement said Unlimited or 20GB per week, so the consumer wants to use this 20GB per week as the seller said. You cannot blame the consumer for the mis information about the service. The seller of the comapny should be blame on this because they must provide crucial information to the consumer...

There is no misinformation. The 20 GB stays but the 4G goes to 3G and 3G to 2G. This is followed by most of the service provides across the globe. Have they mentioned in the ad that 20 G will be given all at 4G speed ? Also for what we would have ideally spend SAR 3000 for 6 months we are spending SAR 575 if we are expecting that there will be zero compromise on this and ourselves need to rethink.

mahnut wrote:

There is no misinformation. The 20 GB stays but the 4G goes to 3G and 3G to 2G. This is followed by most of the service provides across the globe. Have they mentioned in the ad that 20 G will be given all at 4G speed ? Also for what we would have ideally spend SAR 3000 for 6 months we are spending SAR 575 if we are expecting that there will be zero compromise on this and ourselves need to rethink.

Yes... I asked the guy who was sitting in the mobily care while buying the SIM... He told me after completing 20gb in a week you will get less speed... My monthly limit is 80gb... He did not tell about daily usage... I am learning graphic designing and I learn thru you tube tutorials...and i have to stream videos in good quality to see the details....  When the speed is high,  the video streams in 3g/4g speed... And after 3-4 videos... Once i consume approx 1 gb,  i receive a message that i will have interrupted services... This is 100% cheating....

Evanic wrote:

I asked the guy at mobily customer centre about limits... he told me once you finish 20 gb in a week then you will get less speed... he did not tell me about daily usage limit.... :/

Fair usage policy is actually applied by each and every telecom and ISP.

For telecoms, I have experienced only fixed connections by STC and it seemed to be really unlimited downloading although the speed varies. I haven't seen or experienced any wireless services with no download cap at high speeds.

For ISPs, ALL of them have Fair Usage Policies either Corporate or Home connections. Generally you will get unlimited download cap with high speeds only through leased line connections.

For Customer Support, ideally they should inform you but how they would sell then? And you have to proof that you were told what you are claiming; which I doubt you can. It's always safer to get things in written as well.

Welcome to the world of Services!

skhurram007 wrote:

Fair usage policy is actually applied by each and every telecom and ISP.

For telecoms, I have experienced only fixed connections by STC and it seemed to be really unlimited downloading although the speed varies. I haven't seen or experienced any wireless services with no download cap at high speeds.

For ISPs, ALL of them have Fair Usage Policies either Corporate or Home connections. Generally you will get unlimited download cap with high speeds only through leased line connections.

For Customer Support, ideally they should inform you but how they would sell then? And you have to proof that you were told what you are claiming; which I doubt you can. It's always safer to get things in written as well.

Welcome to the world of Services!

In Broadband on STC you can get unlimited downloads through 4G for SAR 350 for 3 months i think. I used this service before. but be aware for fair policy if you would like to have your connection to be stable.

Well So sorry to hear that. Such thing happened to my friend a few months ago and he went to Mobily franchise to register a complaint. I assume they solved the problem for him.

sharpshooter135 wrote:

Well So sorry to hear that. Such thing happened to my friend a few months ago and he went to Mobily franchise to register a complaint. I assume they solved the problem for him.

This is the best possible way if there is a solution. However, always go to a big branch preferably in a posh location. Small branches have limited decision making power, regardless of a particular  company.

skhurram007 wrote:
sharpshooter135 wrote:

This is the best possible way if there is a solution. However, always go to a big branch preferably in a posh location. Small branches have limited decision making power, regardless of a particular  company.

The only solution to these if they are not afraid it to put a note into their brochure the fair usage policy or train their sales person to inform consumer especially those are in post paid lines to be aware of this fair usage policy. Now if the consumer will submit some complaint they can deal with it easily. If they will not be afraid to broadcast this fair usage policy. because this will have a negative impact on their market... But to think all broadband services have this policy in the first place.

Make a complain at CITC. It works. I know because a few years ago I was at the receiving end. Don't ask the full story please. I can't reveal company facts..  :)

edward.gence wrote:
azfar789 wrote:

This is their sales strategy of most of the broadband network to mis-informed their clients which has a few knowledge about network technology.... Better to have internet connection through Fiber Optics if your a very high user and wants the speed to be fast or DSL if you cannot afford Fiber Optic. STC is offering FTTH which use fiber optics that is unlimited and have a fast connection.

I am using 4G of STC now and maintaining my Data usage per month to average so i will not loose the speed... Btw,my accomodation was next to the 4G tower of STC so no problem for the speed for me. :proud

Wait a minute!!! STC has Fair Use Policy??? How come when I buy 4G sim card I always ask them about this but their response is 'ya habibi STC muftaa alatur'. Now am really surprised. I have 4G with something like 43 days remaining. I have always seen the speed drop to 1mb/s download and upload. I was suspicious but I really never was sure. Now I will never again buy 'unlimited'. They have 20gb, 50gb and 300gb. Since am a heavy user 300gb for 600sr is good enough for me. That is like 50gb per month which is more than enough for next 6 months. I hope this does not have fair use policy bullshit. Thanks for your advice-well in your earlier post.

Samimohd wrote:
edward.gence wrote:
azfar789 wrote:

Wait a minute!!! STC has Fair Use Policy??? How come when I buy 4G sim card I always ask them about this but their response is 'ya habibi STC muftaa alatur'. Now am really surprised. I have 4G with something like 43 days remaining. I have always seen the speed drop to 1mb/s download and upload. I was suspicious but I really never was sure. Now I will never again buy 'unlimited'. They have 20gb, 50gb and 300gb. Since am a heavy user 300gb for 600sr is good enough for me. That is like 50gb per month which is more than enough for next 6 months. I hope this does not have fair use policy bullshit. Thanks for your advice-well in your earlier post.

All of their promos have Fair usage policy... if you reach that daily usage or weekly usage i think your bandwidth will be reduced. But I do not know how many percent will be reduce for you but even it was reduced you can still surf through net but with less bandwidth that you will notice that opening some internet webpage will take much longer or playing some videos will be a bit slower than before. But after the grace period or you will not use your data for a day or two the bandwidth will be back.

I subscribed to Mobily Connect UL 5G, i confirmed from their customer service that there are no limits or FUP, but still on peak hours they limit speed to 5Mbps. I mean whats the benefit of high speed 5G if you will limit speeds. however i am subscribed to package that has no limits no FUP. i complained to Mobily they closed without rectification.

https://support.mobily.com.sa/support/t … lang=en_US

This is what they reply when you complaint regarding FUP

I don't know I am using only social media as mobily company offer its free and my data is going to be finished in 10 days .offer 150 riyal

Please solve my problem or I ill change this sim .

Hello Amin Ullah,

You should contact their customer support service.I am afraid we can not be of much help.

Regards,

Bhavna