Microsim I phone

Hi

Where is the best place and the best deal for a pay as you go microsim for unlocked I phone ?

Many thanks

STC, Mobily & Zain

slyshooter wrote:

STC, Mobily & Zain

Thanks ! Any shop in particular ? I have also been told I need to bring proof of identity ?

Hi michael,

Stc, mobily and zain all have outlets in the center of town. There are two huge mobily and stc outlets in town!

Good luck!

In-stead are shops, they have their own outlets.

Present them your passport and ask for the visitors pre-paid package sim. As you get your iqama, you'll be able to convert the pre-paid to post-paid (if needed) and move the SIM under your iqama.

Thanks everyone

You're welcome :)

If you find trouble getting the micro SIM and you don't have a sim-cutter. I suggest try using scissors. At first will be tough but will be fun! I have done it a lot and now I can do it in 16.5 seconds :cool:

Saying so coz sometimes micoSIM is hard to get.

microSIM is not hard to get.

Sometimes there are availbility issues bro @slyshooter. Especially on small outlets. The STC outlet in Granada mall disappointed me a couple of times, and I had to cut the normal SIM.

michaelpakenham wrote:

Hi

Where is the best place and the best deal for a pay as you go microsim for unlocked I phone ?

Many thanks

Best deal is if you get the I-Phone free (though I would still prefer Samsung S3) with the Micro Sim card.
Best Place: Yet to find :P

Poor Samsung. Bad time!

http://www.arabnews.com/apple-patent-wi … ape-sector

Estimated losses are 10+ Billion Dollars (pulling back models, reproduction costs etc).

Android will be in trouble soon too as another verdict awaited. Hats off to originality. What else for copiers and stealers?

Oops! we are :offtopic:

sorry for this question. If I bring my iPhone to saudi, and place a saudi sim card wouldn t it work? do i have to get it unlocked..

there was no issue for nokia in the uae

somebody please clearly explain.. i have asked several times on different forums but the answers are not clear.

there is a yes and a no in one sentence. so again  would my iphone work without having it unlocked? err how would i know if my phone has a lock.. lol i dont even understand this lock issue...help :(

ghanshyampdave wrote:
michaelpakenham wrote:

Hi

Many thanks

Best deal is if you get the I-Phone free (though I would still prefer Samsung S3) with the Micro Sim card.

how do you get an iphone free? dont get it.

t.unit wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:
michaelpakenham wrote:

Hi

Many thanks

It was a joke :D Sorry!
But in some countries it be could (I'm not sure).

t.unit wrote:

sorry for this question. If I bring my iPhone to saudi, and place a saudi sim card wouldn t it work? do i have to get it unlocked..

somebody please clearly explain.. i have asked several times on different forums but the answers are not clear.

there is a yes and a no in one sentence. so again  would my iphone work without having it unlocked? err how would i know if my phone has a lock.. lol i dont even understand this lock issue...help :(

same question goes for samsung III :) thank you

ghanshyampdave wrote:
t.unit wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

It was a joke :D Sorry!
But in some countries it be could (I'm not sure).

ohh im sorry for not reading carefully..lol

Samsung works. Buy S 3. Then, throw every other device from your window. :D Live happily everafter ;)

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Samsung works. Buy S 3. Then, throw every other device from your window. :D Live happily everafter ;)

thank you thank yuoo thank you so much for your reply. I actually understood. Its so much easier to buy from here since there are installments opportunities.

its so hard from ksa or uae since they want the whole price in one go...thank you soo much.

FYI: Im asking about IPHONE 4S.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Correction: Samsung works. Buy S 3. Then, throw every other device from your window. :D Live happily everafter for 6 months.

That's the life of the plastic toy.... :D

t.unit wrote:

It depends on where you buy the phone from. If you have bought a phone which is under contract from your telecom company, then it means that it is locked to your carrier, and other carrier sims won't work unless you finish the contract or pay the full price of the phone.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Correction: Samsung works. Buy S 3. Then, throw every other device from your window. :D Live happily everafter for 6 months.

That's the life of the plastic toy.... :D

After 6 months, buy another S 3 or S 4 or S whatever... :D

FYI: You just copied me @TLL. I'm gonna get paid handsomely when I sue you :cool::lol:

t.unit wrote:

Hi - the answer to unlocking is usually yes, you do need to get your iPhone unlocked. The phone is usually locked onto one particular network particularly if the phone was bought as part of a per month bundle. I pay for my iPhone per month along with some many minutes and Internet on a French network. Obviously when I to Saudi Arabia it will still work but I will be paying roaming fees, do thé best thing is to put in a Saudi microsim and pay local rates. However in most cases the phone is locked onto the carrier or the carriers international partner ( expensive ) however if the phone is unlocked any sim card can be inserted.

I will post a link to the site that I used to unlock my iPhone

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/

michaelpakenham wrote:
t.unit wrote:

Hi - the answer to unlocking is usually yes, you do need to get your iPhone unlocked. The phone is usually locked onto one particular network particularly if the phone was bought as part of a per month bundle. I pay for my iPhone per month along with some many minutes and Internet on a French network. Obviously when I to Saudi Arabia it will still work but I will be paying roaming fees, do thé best thing is to put in a Saudi microsim and pay local rates. However in most cases the phone is locked onto the carrier or the carriers international partner ( expensive ) however if the phone is unlocked any sim card can be inserted.

I will post a link to the site that I used to unlock my iPhone

thank you so very much. its better i go with samsung for now and maybe after a year later I ll get an iphone from there or where ever I will be. thanx again.

http://www.mobileunlockcentre.com/?gcli … fAodjzMA5A

michaelpakenham wrote:

http://www.mobileunlockcentre.com/?gclid=CJjKsuPLiLICFQMNfAodjzMA5A

thank you again!!

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

I decided to buy an iPhone 4S.

Where can I get it unlocked in Jeddah? Will this cause any sort of problem? How much would it cost. My flight is after tomorr

Micheal thanks for the website but I am not English nor in England.

t.unit wrote:

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

Where can I get it unlocked in Jeddah? Will this cause any sort of problem? How much would it cost. My flight is after tomorr

You don't need to be in the UK - you just give the IMAE number of your sim card

t.unit wrote:

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

http://www.cepfone.com/etiket/samsung-kilidi

michaelpakenham wrote:
t.unit wrote:

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

You don't need to be in the UK - you just give the IMAE number of your sim card

oh I thought you go to a shop and they manually do it.. thanks for the help and sorry for hijacking the thread.

t.unit wrote:

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

All the iPhone 4S here come officially unlocked, you don't have to worry about anything.

t.unit wrote:

ok new question.

sorry you guys.

another option is jailbreaking, there's a lot of cellphone shop in Al batha here in Riyadh. You can search in al-Balad center in Jeddah....