Mobile phones and mobile broadband

Is anyone using mobile broadband. I guess most have mobile phones.
Could you share some experiences of who has the best coverage etc between the three players, GO, Melita and Vodafone.

I've seen that most are advertising at 3.2 with Go advertising at 7.2, anyone tested real life coverage of these or the actual speeds?

Interested to hear about the customer service angle too if you are willing to share some experiences.

Thanks

HI Eagle ,

I'm sorry I have no experience with the different mobile broadband options but I will ask around on our next Friday meeting ( 13 th Nov.) and see if I can get some info for you. We have a few IT guys around -))) I will get back to you .
Regards

Ricky

Thank you Ricky, what about your experiences with any of the providers? I've only read some horror stories from Melita, nothing for Go or vodafone.
So I think its an option between these two

Hi Eagle,

I don't have mobile internet but use Melita internet at home .I'm not very happy with the performance ( it keeps dropping !) but not sure if it is Melita or the crappy wiring in our area.In any case the internet account is through our landlord so I won't change that as we are probably moving sooner or later.Others seem fine with Melita. So I will ask around the Expats and see if there are any major differences between the providers.Should have feedback within a week or two .

Hi Eagle
I would suggest that you check on the billing rate for packet data before you make your decision. I have a prepaid vodafone sim card, and I can tell you that mobile broadband is stupendously expensive with it. I used 3G to go online when I arrived in Malta, and it literally blew 10 Euros in 20 minutes on checking my email and using skype (text only. I then called vodafone customer care to ask if an alternate solution is available (such as converting prepaid credit to a certain amount of megabytes beforehand) - and they said that they do not offer these incentives/deals on prepaid. I do know that these so called, 'data-bundle packages' are available in other countries for prepaid, but not in Malta with Vodafone.
Other than that the service was good, and have been satisfied with the customer care.
Regards

Thank you for the tips, will make sure I understand the contract before signing up.
best regards