Butcher

Currently in Libya.   Was wanting to know if there are any butchers in Tripoli that offer variety of cuts.  Seems like all the butchers I have been to seem to just have hunks of meat or minced.

My butcher was a very nice guy (and his son?) on Gargaresh. He was part of a grocery store (vegetables and fruits on the front and all other stuff at the back) Their shop was around the mid sections of the Road (right hand side, from the city towards Regetta, before the Vade) He had good, clean meat and would provide you with whatever -almost- cut you like, when you ask or describe.
Sorry, I am now surprised that I cannot properly remember the exact location. He was one of my buddies during my regular shopping trips.
fk

you can try the Butchers in DAHRA area, they are part of an old known market, they are making different cuts (Filet, Gigot, Entrecote, Ribs ...)

Thank you both.  Will snoop around after Ramadan.   Now, can anyone recommend a good dry cleaner.  The one we used prior to the war has closed.

Hi,

Regarding a dry cleaner I noticed one on the south side of the Omar Muhktar about 2/300 yards from Green Square. It looked clean and active. I hope this is helpful.

David. An Englishman in Tripoli

There is a nice dry cleaners close to Alsiyahiya area, around hundred meter away from Next M&S store towards Tripoli City centre. on the right hand side

Hi,

After few days, a big butcher shop will open in Sidi Slim Street (turn right after Oil tanker on Airport road)

Managed by Maltese, it will be organized, with all kind of meat (except ham for sure), fish, chicken, beef,...

I will inform you about the opening day