Biggest Supermarkets in Tripoli

I need to come stock up on groceries in Tripoli.
I always go to Souq Talat but was wondering if there is anything else comparable.

I did search through the forum and read about the Palm Residence supermarket but I am not sure I can get in there w/out knowing any residents.

What are the biggest supermarkets (name and location) please?
Thanks in advance!

hi,

well it depends where u live ,,,, theres another  mall in zawyat el dahmani called souq el mahari

hope that help

well u cant enter the palm if you dnt know anyone living in there...but i guess souq el mahari would be the best...or els u can always go to madina huge markets over there.

Tnegru wrote:

where is this mall in zawyat el dahmani called souq el mahari ?? I am also interested in finding out other supermarkets except Souq Talat.

its near the Dahra roundabout after the bus station

Dahra is an area ,,,,

There's a filling station in Zawiat Dahmani, after it there's a mosque, after 50 meters souq mahari is located.l

small world check your inbox

Palm city is good and you can get in there a couple of ways:  if you drive an expat vehicle, and/or tell them you're going to the market as per "Mark" the butcher.

BTW they are instituting a sign up system for non-residents to get a card to come in and use the market. Mark just showed it to us last night. 

Since we're leaving we didn't do the detailed conversation with him about it we otherwise would have. 

It's a good market, pricey, but very clean, wide aisles, you can get the hard to find stuff there and the common things like fruits & veggies and bread elsewhere.

The meat counter is the CLEANEST meat counter in the country. Great beef. And so worth the extra expense for the ease of mind from the cleanliness.

justice4pal wrote:

Palm city is good and you can get in there a couple of ways:  if you drive an expat vehicle, and/or tell them you're going to the market as per "Mark" the butcher.

BTW they are instituting a sign up system for non-residents to get a card to come in and use the market. Mark just showed it to us last night. 

Since we're leaving we didn't do the detailed conversation with him about it we otherwise would have. 

It's a good market, pricey, but very clean, wide aisles, you can get the hard to find stuff there and the common things like fruits & veggies and bread elsewhere.

The meat counter is the CLEANEST meat counter in the country. Great beef. And so worth the extra expense for the ease of mind from the cleanliness.

Yup Justice, it is going to be called the 'loyalty card' complete an application, attach a photo and you are allowed into the supermarket and the plaza. You are NOT allowed onto the beach or the pool area though. If you are caught doing this, your card will be revoked and you will be kicked out. The beach is only OK anyway, have been on it a couple of times.

Good cheese counter at Palm City and they stock Marmite, although TBH I've got so many jars of the stuff that I could probably set my self up as the local agent.

hi..specifically, in what office in palm city will i inquire for the loyalty card?

yes i would like to work with you if am given the opportunity as a manager. thank you very much.

Hello tinka jude and welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread is dated 2010. You should post an advert in the Jobs in Tripoili section. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

also try el arooba on gargarash road. they have things that others often do not.

this is old but the info on aruba is correct. http://www.lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Li … od_02.html

I am whole seler in malta im looking for supermarkets in libya you can send me mail to xxx

Jean

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Veuillez ne pas publier vos coordonnées sur le forum svp. Echangez les via la messagerie privée. Merci
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I would recommend
1.    El Arooba - on Gargaresh
2.    El Ruban – up on Regata and Saraj roundabout, close to Turkish Restaurant “Belgin” and Bakery

You have to be a resident at Palm, also most of the food is imported and expensive in comparison with local supermarkets, the one by the roundabout coming out of the town center is very good, and the prices and choice is good

Hi! I'm Jiro from New Zealand, I lived in Tripoli from 2009-2011. I had good times and great friends in Libya. Souq talat was a haven during our stay in Libya. I was devastated when I learned it burned down a couple of years ago, I'm just wondering if souq talat was ever rebuilt since then or are there any plans to reopen the shopping mall again?

https://www.facebook.com/%D9%85%D9%8A%D … 431556389/

it is the best for me