3G Wifi USB

Hi,'
The flat I shall be provided with SHOULD have Wifi. However, I was wondering if their are any good providers of 3G USB in KSA.

Thanks

Michael

All 3 leading telecom companies (Mobily, STC & Zain) provide free 3G USB modems with their data bundles. But of course all such devices will be locked to the respective service providers.

You can buy unlocked USB modems from electronics showrooms (Jarir, eXtra etc); they will work with any SIMs.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

All 3 leading telecom companies (Mobily, STC & Zain) provide free 3G USB modems with their data bundles. But of course all such devices will be locked to the respective service providers.

You can buy unlocked USB modems from electronics showrooms (Jarir, eXtra etc); they will work with any SIMs.

Thanks a lot

michaelpakenham wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Thanks a lot

:D Haven't seen such a generous soul on EB (as you), who doesn't forget to return a thanks note to all answers.

:cheers:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
michaelpakenham wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Thanks a lot

:D Haven't seen such a generous soul on EB (as you), who doesn't forget to return a thanks note to all answers.

:cheers:

Thanks lol

Not all USB modem has wifi capability especially those USB modens from STC, MOBILY & Zain.  you can check in jarir bookstore a Huawei 3G USB modem with wifi capability. My colleague got one and my friend bought one last week! So good luck!

seeker of truth wrote:

Not all USB modem has wifi capability especially those USB modens from STC, MOBILY & Zain.  you can check in jarir bookstore a Huawei 3G USB modem with wifi capability. My colleague got one and my friend bought one last week! So good luck!

Sounds good! Thanks 😃

By the way, just a tip:
If you have internet on your laptop (via USB or cable), converting it to Wi-Fi is just easy. Check out the free software 'Connectify': http://www.connectify.me/

TheLegendLeads wrote:

By the way, just a tip:
If you have internet on your laptop (via USB or cable), converting it to Wi-Fi is just easy. Check out the free software 'Connectify': http://www.connectify.me/

Great! Thanks !

Yes, there is in Jarir Bookstore. Just ask the technical staff for 3G USB WiFi Modem. It has a SIM Card and it will be your access point for WiFi. No need for modem or other gadgets. Just plain USB and you can have a good internet source.

johnclegg wrote:

Yes, there is in Jarir Bookstore. Just ask the technical staff for 3G USB WiFi Modem. It has a SIM Card and it will be your access point for WiFi. No need for modem or other gadgets. Just plain USB and you can have a good internet source.

Thanks !

For my share of advice go to any STC center ask for Quicknet modem.. you can get it for 150 riyal and it comes with 30 riyal reload. then go to this link http://www.aljawal.net.sa/primary/_3lGBq3-iiRb2n6c

Click on quicknet seen in the link and there will be purchase quicknet bundles and u can choose any plan from their... before this make sure you recharge u r STC sim with some fulus (money)

The reason why I am suggesting STC is, I stay in a very remote area and still I get very good reception so better take STC..

(I dont work for STC and this is just a suggestion haha :proud)

galiusman wrote:

For my share of advice go to any STC center ask for Quicknet modem.. you can get it for 150 riyal and it comes with 30 riyal reload. then go to this link http://www.aljawal.net.sa/primary/_3lGBq3-iiRb2n6c

Click on quicknet seen in the link and there will be purchase quicknet bundles and u can choose any plan from their... before this make sure you recharge u r STC sim with some fulus (money)

The reason why I am suggesting STC is, I stay in a very remote area and still I get very good reception so better take STC..

(I dont work for STC and this is just a suggestion haha :proud)

Thanks