Cost of Living in Muscat

Hi All, Is Muscat costlier to live in than any medium city in India?
Please advise, especially for shopping of groceries.......

Hello shashibhushan.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created on the Muscat forum for better interaction.

In meantime, you can go through the other threads on Cost of living on the Muscat forum. It may help. :)

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Shashi

Of course Muscat will be more expensive than a middle Tier city in India (e.g. Nashik). If you look at rents - in Muscat a 2 bhk flat will cost you OMR 250 approx a month. The same will cost you INR 8000-12000 per month in a Tier 2 city. {i hope you will do currency conversions}

For vegetarian groceries for a family of 2, you would expect to pay INR 8-12000 per month in India. In Muscat I believe you will spend OMR 100-150 per month so this is slightly higher too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !!

QuickSilver02 wrote:

Hi Shashi

Of course Muscat will be more expensive than a middle Tier city in India (e.g. Nashik). If you look at rents - in Muscat a 2 bhk flat will cost you OMR 250 approx a month. The same will cost you INR 8000-12000 per month in a Tier 2 city. {i hope you will do currency conversions}

For vegetarian groceries for a family of 2, you would expect to pay INR 8-12000 per month in India. In Muscat I believe you will spend OMR 100-150 per month so this is slightly higher too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !!

Thanx alot, really helpful information.