Apartments for single people

hi everyone

Do you know any apartment blocks to rent an apartment where expats live?

Thank you

Your question is quite broad since Riyadh is a large city.  But why not ask your single, expat coworkers where they and their friends live?  What about suggestions from your HR reps?

I'm guessing she wants to get away from her sponsor supplied housing but the thing is, HR most probably isn't agreeable to let single women leave since they (the sponsor) are responsible for the single woman's welfare.

Thank you Alliecat. I would like to live in an apartment where it is not strictly women and my friends come and visit.

There is a building just opposite to Diplomatic Quarter entrance (Makkah Rd), they have light security and I think will serve your purpose. I don't have the number now, but can ask a friend if you need it.

Thank you Slyshooter

I would really appreciate if could find out the contact details for me.

Thank you very much

Katelol wrote:

Thank you Alliecat. I would like to live in an apartment where it is not strictly women and my friends come and visit.

I totally know what you're saying but remember.. you'll have the expense of not only the apt. and utilities but also transportation to/from work (not to mention travel time).

If I were you, I wouldn't mention this to HR.  I know from experience they'll only say NO and then be watching you. You can just become what is known as a 'ghost' where I live (ie. on paper, you are there and in reality you're not--you're living elsewhere).

As for the suggestion to live in an apt., I wouldn't do that, either, as your neighbors will be watching you and can call the mutawa if they think *something* is going on (simply, you have a male visitor).

There's a lot to consider but I think your best bet would be to try to get a couple roommates and rent a villa in a western compound.