How do you backup your ipod music?

Hi guys, I'm new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don't wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

Hi jayceww and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

If you have iTunes on your PC sync the ipod with your PC then on the left hand side it will have a a lot of boxes with ticks in untick the songs you want to remove they stay on the computer and import more by cd or online.

If you don't have itunes just download itunes by googling it.

Of course! iTunes is the way.
Make a library on a secured PC on secured hard drive.
Checkbox the songs you want them now, and vice versa.

lilywen wrote:

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it's easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

Not really. Purchased stuff does backup as well in iTunes. The limitation is you can't drag this out from iTunes and drop on your desktop to get the MP3/MP4/MOV etc. This will allow restribution and thus the possibility of copyrights violation. But anyways, my point is: Purchased stuff does backup in the same manner.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
lilywen wrote:

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it's easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

Not really. Purchased stuff does backup as well in iTunes. The limitation is you can't drag this out from iTunes and drop on your desktop to get the MP3/MP4/MOV etc. This will allow restribution and thus the possibility of copyrights violation. But anyways, my point is: Purchased stuff does backup in the same manner.

TheLegendLeads Agree with you as long as it is on the PC / ipod it will back-up no matter where it came from.

You could also just ditch iTunes completely and use one of the free alternatives out there.
I've used winamp on and off for many years now and it has kept up with the times and has full ipod library services.