Fanesca in Quito

We want to try fanesca for the first time- suggestions for the best fanesca in Quito?

It seems like every restaurant has fanesca right now.  Why not try several?  IŽve tried a couple. One was at a more or less fast food restaurant near Ramón Roca and Seis de Diciembre and it was pretty good. It was a little strong on the peanut flavor. I think the restaurant was called Menestra Negra.   I had another one on Eduardo Salazar, between Diego Noboa and Juan de Dios and it was even better.  It came with the figs and cheese dessert as well.  I donŽt remember the name but the restaurant was on the second floor and the first floor was the typical tienda with snacks and drinks. If you donŽt like strong salty fish flavor, ask for it without fish or on the side.  I probably wonŽt try anymore this year.  6-10 dollars a bowl is way too expensive for me.  IŽll stick to 2 dollar almuerzos.

Thank you- I tried it today in a small side street restaurant, with molo and arroz de leche, and it was excellent for only $2.50!! Great find! (It was the special for today only.)  I will take your suggestion and try another place to compare. Sounds like the place on Eduardo Salazar might be worth a try. But you're right about those $2 almuerzos! Can't beat it!