Pregnancy in Malta

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Malta?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Malta?

Thanks a lot for your advice :)

Christine

Hi everybody , my name is Giuseppina and i'm 24 weeks pregnant . When we moved to Malta 3 month ago I didn't know where to start looking for information (internet wasn't helping) soo I just went to my local health centre in Swieqi and asked the gynecoligist working there all the question I had regarding the pregnancy and the health care system. I was more comfortable with a female gynecologist so he advides st. anne clinic in birkirkara . that's where I met my actual doctor Astrid Camilleri . She looks after me every month (monthly check up visit consisting in blood pressure , weight and measurement ecc costs 30e each visit) and during the last visit (22 weeks) we discussed hospitals ..she gave me two choices private and public. I decided to try out the public service (Mater dei hospital). I had to make an appointment (you go to the hospital and register yourself as first time patient, they open a file for you and ones you have a hospital number then you can make the appointment with obstetrics) for the 25 week check up.
That's what I have done so far...I hope this helps.
Giuseppina

Hi Giuseppina!

Thanks for your input.

Armand

Astrid camilleri was my 'baby' doctor as well throughtout an awful pregnancy with lots of scares, and I now have a five year old son, so she got me through it all.
My friend told me to go to her as she suffered a miscarriage when pregnant with twins, and Astrid managed to save one of the twins, now a happy ten year old girl.

My wife, who is 10 weeks pregnant, and I went to see Dr. Astrid Camilleri yesterday evening.

We are very happy with the service at the clinic and shall be remaining with her for the duration
of the pregnancy.

http://www.stannesclinic.com/contactus.aspx

My wife was followed at Mater Dei hospital throughout her very risky pregnancy and to be honest, I couldn't be happier with all the service and assistance she got from all medical staff from that hospital. She managed to give birth couple of weeks prior to her due date and we now have a beautiful and healthy 8 months old girl thanks to how she was looked after at Mater Dei.