Visiting in Summer 2012

My best friend and I are visiting Tobago to celebrate our birthday.

Does anyone have any tips for us of what to do or where to go?

Is there a good place to meet people? We love to make friends on trips, just for good conversation and hanging out :)

Any tips for women visiting in regards to safety, do's and don't?

Any local customs or etiquette we should know?

thanks!

Pigeon Point is a popular hang out place for tourists and locals if not because the beach is amazing, and it wont take long before you get chatting with people and find out the local places to go. Taking a boat out to Nylon pool is really cool on a glass bottom boat. It really depends on age group & what kind of things your into (clubbing, hiking etc) but I would definitely say that Pigeon Point could be a really good place to start.

Hi

Sunday school Buccoo Road / Beach is a popular spot. It is a night time street party which attracts tourists and locals alike. Exercise all the usual guidance given on safety abroard.

Major no, no .... wearing beach wear off the beach. As hot as it is please be suitably attired when visiting restaurants, shops, high street, town, in taxis/buses...

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Hi There

I see we have those who have visited the country giving their information that is only limited to Tobago sadly but I am a native of the country and I will tell you from experience my advice

1.  Stay in groups and avoid quiet or lonely places

2.  Always look around your surroundings

3.  Maracas beach is a popular place to go to as well as is Mayaro beach as well

4.  In the south the best beach to go to is Quinam and Morne Diablo but you will need transportation to go there.

5.  Find Jenny's Wok which is an excellent and popular Chinese restaurant

6.  In Trinidad and Tobago the number one fast food place is Kentucky Fried Chicken and the number two is Subway.  However this is being rivaled by Japs Fried chicken.  Excellent place to find

7.  The Gulf City Mall, The Emperor Valley Zoo, The Caroni Swamp and the Trincity Mall are excellent places to check out as well

These are just some and if you need more let me know