I need an invitation letter from someone in T&T

I am a Nigerian wanting to move to T&T am from the health profession

coolprossy wrote:

I am a Nigerian wanting to move to T&T am from the health profession

You will need to give more information about yourself before someone can make an informed decision about the letter. For your information the letter has legal ramifications as whoever gives you the letter is legally and financially responsible for you.

Assuming that's true, who would do it?

@mas fred. No one will give him the letter.

no financial involvement just to show that I v a place to stay..if that is not possible can anyone please suggest anyway out of this cos I really want to relocate to T&T.
thanks all for ur contribution

Hi coolprossy and welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Trinidad and Tobago forum.

coolprossy wrote:

no financial involvement just to show that I v a place to stay..if that is not possible can anyone please suggest anyway out of this cos I really want to relocate to T&T.

If that is all you need then why not try an hotel or guesthouse for the letter.

coolprossy wrote:

If that is all you need then why not try an hotel or guesthouse for the letter. Or ask a travel agent.

Actually, a Letter of Invitation carries with it a number of very onerous legal and financial obligations.

First of all the person issuing the Letter of Invitation must either be a citizen of permanent resident of the country.

Also the person must act as a Guarantor, stating that the "invitee" will actually leave the country when the visa stay period is expired. Should they not do so there can be serious consequences for the Guarantor.

The person must also act as a Guarantor for the financial sufficiency of the "invitee" for the entire duration of their stay. Should the "invitee" have financial problems the Guarantor must support him/her in order to prevent any reliance upon Social Assistance.

It is precisely for this reason that it is extremely unlikely that anyone other than a family member or long-term close personal friend would ever issue a Letter of Invitation, and certainly nobody ever offers one to a stranger; at least not a genuine and legal one that is. It is also that family relationship or friendship that immigrations authorities in all nations are looking for in evaluating any Letter of Invitation.

I don't believe you're going to find anyone here on Expat-blog who would be willing to take on such a responsibility for you.

Please note that it is a criminal offense to issue or use a false Letter of Invitation. Also and false statements, omission of important facts in a Letter of Information will also result in the refusal of the visa and also can result in refusal to accept any future visa applications.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

thanks Will.
I really appreciate your advice it will really go long way.someone suggested I book for hotel and they could send the reservation and with that I could be granted visa on the basis of tourism..but the issue is that I want to relocate to T&T,then how do I go about it.
Thanks a million

you need to write to the ministry of health or private health facilities to look for work and that will be hard as doctors and nurses must be registered with the relevant board in trinidad to practice.  You could rent a place privately for say 3-6 months and get the landlord to give a letter showing you have paid in advance for your accomodation also quite expensive Trinidad is not a budget destination just renting a decent size room in someone's house can set you back 1000TT and that's sharing facilities like toilet, kitchen etc. Whole apartment and you are looking at over $2000TT a month for the smallest decent place. not including bills.