Driving license in Trinidad and Tobago

#1 14 June 2012 14:59:02

Armand
Armand
Flic en Flac Mauritius

Driving license in Trinidad and Tobago

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Trinidad and Tobago?

What are the formalities to get a driver’s licence in Trinidad and Tobago?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

#2 24 July 2012 19:27:11

Landalf
Landalf
Arima

Re: Driving license in Trinidad and Tobago

Hi,

If you are a non-resident and the holder of a valid driving permit from another country, you are entitled to drive for 90 days from the date of arrival in Trinidad and Tobago with your foreign driving permit.  If your period of stay is more than 90 days, you are required to apply for a Trinidad and Tobago driving permit.

If you stay for more than 90 days, then you have to purchase a Regulation Study Guide and Highway Code available from the cashier at all Transport Division offices for TT$15.00 (USD 2.10). This Guide will help you prepare for the written regulation examination. 

When you are ready to write the exam, you must bring three passport size photos with a green background to the nearest Transport Division office and:

* Complete Application for Driving Permit/Endorsement (Form No. 4).
* Produce your valid foreign driving permit and passport showing date of entry.
* Complete the written regulation exam to test your knowledge of traffic signs, motor vehicle laws and safe driving techniques.
Pay the applicable fee if successful.

No appointment is necessary.  You can usually collect your driver's permit the same day if you come to the office before noon.

If you wait more than 90 days after your arrival to apply for a driving permit, you must complete the entire process for obtaining a driving permit, including a road test.

#6 03 August 2013 04:49:39

Adeulf
Adeulf
POS

Re: Driving license in Trinidad and Tobago

So, I don't have to make an appointment for the regulations exam. I just have to walk in with my documents and they will give me the test? They will give me permit if I pass?

Expatriate health insurance Trinidad and Tobago
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Trinidad and Tobago.
>> Click here
Expat banking Trinidad and Tobago
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Trinidad and Tobago
A few tips from professionals about moving to Trinidad and Tobago.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Trinidad and Tobago
Don't worry and travel happy across Trinidad and Tobago.
>> Click here