Real estate companies for Expats

Hello, new in Paraguay. Looking at purchasing a house. Anyone has experience of a real estate company where they speak English and do not charge an extortionate fee. Someone told me Remax charges 20% purchase fee. Does someone has experience using them and can they verify this? Up to 5% is what I expected but 20% is a bit much.

Hi! I've been here for 4 months now, I'm argentinian. I know a real estate agent here that works by her own, after working for some years at Remax. She is the mother of a school friend of my daugther. She seems responsible. If you are interested in asking her for advice let me know, I can help you with translation.

(I run an airbnb business in BA, you can check my profile easily).

@BucHtal1875 Hello. Fees are usually between 5-5.5% and are paid by the seller, not the buyer. You can reach out to me by private message and I will tell you where to go.

@Sally Romero

Hi Sally,

It sounds great, thank you. If you could let me know it would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

Caroline

@Cande2024

Hello,

Yes,  please it would be great if you could ask her for information and give her my Whatsapp.***

Thank you in advance for your help.

Caroline

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@BucHtal1875 Hello, I migrated to Paraguay more than two years ago and acquired several apartments.  Here real estate intermediaries charge between 5 or 5.5% only to the seller.  buyer does not pay commission.  The buyer pays notary fees that are around 2% of the purchase price.  (I don't speak fluent English this is a Google translation)

Hello,

Thank you so much for the information. That's great news.

Best regards.

Caroline

@arellanoluisabogado

Technically the buyer sort of pays tho. Cos if the commission didn't exist the overall transaction price would be lower I guess.

But yes I get what you mean anyway.