Looking for Asuncion Hotel Recommendations

Hi, I'm considering moving to Paraguay and in October I'm taking a trip down to Asuncion.

I've done some research, but I want others opinions on the best hotels for a cheap price range.

I've found two potential hotels:

Hotel Casa Suiza

and

Hotel Royal Gardens

Let me know what your opinions are or if you have suggestions for decent hotels that aren't too expensive (probably under $100 per night).

Thank you!

Hi Kevin4822,

Maybe you could introduce yourself with a few words and then give us more details regarding your posts.. why are you seeking those recommendations in all those different destinations please ?

Thank you

Maximilien

I've stayed at the Hotel Palmas del Sol,  Dirección: Avenida España 1401, Asunción 1401, Paraguay
[Moderated: send details via a pm pls]
and found it to be located close enough to the Centro to get things done and not too far from the happenings of Carmelitas and Villa Morra area...obviously based on the limited info this is a quick recommendation. chau

Maximilien wrote:

Hi Kevin4822,

Maybe you could introduce yourself with a few words and then give us more details regarding your posts.. why are you seeking those recommendations in all those different destinations please ?

Thank you

Maximilien

I'm 60 years old, bachelor's degree from Calstate University in Sacramento, California. Living last 27 years in Vancouver, Canada. I've been working as a consultant in legal and investment.

I've purchased a world ticket on october 10th, and will be visiting; Los Angeles, Houston, Bogota, rk, Vienna, Bucharest, Thailand, South Korea, then flying back to Vancouver.

I am searching for a good place to retire.

@Kevin4822 - thank you for your presentation. Feel free to ask your questions and we'll try to help or guide you please :)

Hello Kevin,

It seems you have done some homework, as both those hotels are in basically good locations, not far from Carmelitas, the wealthiest part of Asuncion, where much of the shopping, restaurants, bars, etc are located.

I have only stayed in two hotels i n Asuncion...the Excelsior, which was nice, though pricey and downtown (where you defiantely DONT want to be, especially at night). The other was Hotel Los Alpes, located more or less in the region of your two hotels. Los Alpes was nice and a double was about 65 bucks. One bit of advice. if you will be here in summer, a pool will be something you will want.

good luck,
Mike

On my first visit to Asuncion I stayed at the Hotel Royal Gardens. On a side street and quiet. It's reasonable rates make it a good choice. You'll find it a very good place to stay.

I have a friend who moved here and he first stayed at the Pelican Hotel on Avenida Santa Teresa, which is also recommended. The manager speaks English.

Hello,
There are some very postive comments on Trip Adviser about El Jardin de Montserrat.
(Moderated: Free advert is not allowed. Please register in the Paraguay business directory)
AlanUK

Hello Kevin,

It depends on what you're looking for. I've stayed at the Hotel Palmas del Sol which is alright, and quite cheap.

However, for a MUCH better bang for your buck, I'd highly recommend staying at AlanUK's recommendation...

El Jardin de Montserrat is a real gem. It was rated #1 by TripAdvisor as best bed and breakfast in all of Paraguay. There's a reason for that... it's like a hidden oasis. Clean rooms, amazing omelettes, fabulous pool/waterfall... the atmosphere is peaceful and a perfect place to stay for under $100.

My wife wrote an article on our stay there back in February... You can read it here.

Also... another Vancouverite?!

How awesome is that?

Jardin Monserrat is Safe, clean and best over all value... Staff is friendly and always eager to help.

If Jardin Monserrat is out of room the next best is Le Moustier for under 100 USD https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1459955_10153501480435343_515121864_n.jpg

hotel safiro is a  cheap good  place