Property with no title

Owner bought the property with no title. Telling us we don't need one? Sounds fishy.

Thats possible he purchased the property without a title. As far as him selling it with out a title he can if things are right. <<< You can purchase from him but you better find out the entire situation first. Message me i might be able to give you pointers and oppinion vs you not buying and or spending $$$ on attourney for nothing

Thank you.

Yes, I have been told by so many NEVER to purchase non-titled land in Roatan as you won't have full ownership?

Cheers

If the seller has possession of the land and has all the requirements done to receive title but does not have the $ to get the title …. that's when a buyer can step in with a attourney w/funds and get it done.

Find out the exact situation from the seller and ask if he would meet with your attourney. To get some kind of reaction.

Cant hurt to try as I have dealt with this a few times over the years.

In Honduras a person (honduran or foreigner) may have and exercise Possession of a Property without having TITLE on It.

The possession allows to whoever has the property to Request the Full Ownership ("Dominio Pleno") from the City-Municipality that has jurisdiction over the land and that, by law, is the Owner, representing the Government of Honduras.

For security, even without a Title, a person may have the Property registered to his/her name in the Survey Department ("Catastro") of the Municipality where the Property is located.

Thank you for your reply and getting us important information.