Relocation to Riyadh KSA

Hi all,

I got an offer from a company in Riyadh, currently i am working in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

I want everyone's advice if i should move to KSA Riyadh from UAE? What are the advantages and disadvantages based on your experience?

My main concern is accommodation after reaching Riyadh, I have a family (Wife) so i will need a 1bhk or 2bhk. Below are my few questions.

1. My Wife will be under my sponsorship in KSA, May i know how i can apply for her permanent visa (Insurance will be from my company). What is the cost and duration of family visa in KSA (For 1 person, like in my case Wife)?
  2. How i can rent 1bhk or 2bhk in Riyadh? My company office is in Hamad Tower (Al Olaya Area). Is there any way i can rent before i reach Riyadh? What is the approximate rent for 1bhk/2bhk in Riyadh?

I think you need to do a lot more research before contemplating this move.

The only real reason to move to Saudi now vs. AD (on quality of life angle) is that you make, either a lot more money or it is a big career move.  Everything else will be painful e.g. convoluted visa process, traffic, language barriers (a lot of people don't speak English) etc etc.

For visa, everyone gets a one year visa.   Same for your wife.  You have to pay dependent fees in advance to get or renew it........these are 100 SAR per month up to 400 SAR based on the number of dependents.  To get the visa, they will ask you for attested marriage certificates and also create issues re: degrees e.g. people with ACCA and the like, have problems getting family visas as Jawazat doesn't consider it as degree.

For rentals, come here and look.  The market is not like UAE i.e. property finder can find you everything.  You cannot rent a long term property without an iqama.  Short term is fine and that is what I would recommend initially till you settle and know the areas.  Riyadh rentals, nowadays, in compounds, are much higher than UAE.  Outside of compounds it's cheaper but then you really need to see the property and evaluate the area.

Personally, I work in Riyadh..........been here 7 years but I keep my family in Bahrain.  Make of that what you will.