Getting Family RP

I'm a brit living in turkey. I want to bring my wife over from morocco. We don't have an official marriage certificate. we have just had an islamic marriage done. Is it possible to apply for family RP with this? or do we need to have an official marriage done?

thanks

Hello friend,

There are some rules and regulations, when you are travelling internationally, and you have to follow them also, to save yourself from any serious problems.

Your marriage is not valid in the eyes of government, until you register it in your country first.

Second even if you bring registered marriage paper from your country, it will still not be considered. You have to get it appostile also from your country, then only it will be accepted.

If your country is a memeber of appostile convention, then that document will be accepted, after you get it appostile from your home country. If that country is not a member of the convention, then you have to bring that document to turkey and get it appostile from your embassy in turkey.

@umerfarooq1 The previous post is correct, you will need to perform a civil marriage ceremony somewhere in the world, then have the marriage ceremony apostilled in the country where the marriage certificate was issued.

I am not sure if the countries that are not signatories to the Hague Convention.

If you can get a tourist visa for Turkiye for your partner, you can even get married in Turkiye. You can then apply for Ikamet the day you receive the Turkish marriage certificate. Once you have applied, your wife will be able to stay until the application has been processed.

I have assumed that you already have Ikamet, if not, then this information is not valid.

@Keorevo

thnk you very much

@Slim1398

Yes i have residency thankfully. Would it be easier for me to marry in morocco or in turkey? i heard its complicated in turkey to get married