Can not apply for ruling

Hi

Here is the situation:

I am working for current company as an engineer for almost 2.5 year now. First 2 years I was working in Croatia and I've been asked to join divisional team. To work for this team I had to move to NL. They gave me an offer with everything included, and I was not sure if it is good or not. I was aware of possibility to apply for 30% ruling, and I've asked them to align with criteria in order to get it.

Of course nobody can guarantee me that I will get it, but I asked them to make sure I meet all criteria for application. They said it is ok, I signed the contract, move to NL 3 months ago and when I asked few weeks ago when can we start with this application they respond that unfortunately I cannot apply because my salary is under criteria.

They are checking what can be done, but I don't trust them anymore.

It would be more than helpful if anyone here can advise me is there anything I could do now.

Thank you in advance

@mateadrazic92

You don't think it

you can work your job perfectly

you can love yours and your best friend is you

you are never lost your friend

Hi
Here is the situation:
I am working for current company as an engineer for almost 2.5 year now. First 2 years I was working in Croatia and I've been asked to join divisional team. To work for this team I had to move to NL. They gave me an offer with everything included, and I was not sure if it is good or not. I was aware of possibility to apply for 30% ruling, and I've asked them to align with criteria in order to get it.

Of course nobody can guarantee me that I will get it, but I asked them to make sure I meet all criteria for application. They said it is ok, I signed the contract, move to NL 3 months ago and when I asked few weeks ago when can we start with this application they respond that unfortunately I cannot apply because my salary is under criteria.
They are checking what can be done, but I don't trust them anymore.

It would be more than helpful if anyone here can advise me is there anything I could do now.

Thank you in advance
-@mateadrazic92

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

One of the requirements of the 30% rule is that you must be in receipt of a salary of at least €41,954 in 2023.  If you do not earn that much then you do not qualify; there are other requirements, you can read all of them on the Belastingdienst website; this link will take you straight to it.

What can you do - check your contract, see what it says in relation to the 30% ruling and salary, or if that doesn't work, ask your boss to pay you more.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Hi Cynic

thank you for the fast response.

Yes, when I checked it is 2000€ under the criteria. One more question - is it possible to apply for ruling if they raise my salary now?

Kind regards

Matea

Hi again.

The 30% agreement is between your employer and the Dutch government. My advice is to get your boss to contact the Belastingdienst.

Hope this helps

Cynic

Expat Team

Ok, thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Matea