Job Opportunity in Riyadh

Hi All,

First post!  1f62c.svg

I am based in the UK and have been offered what appears, on the face of it, to be a very lucrative offer to work in KSA but would like to better understand my likely outgoings whilst living in Riyadh;

• cost/month to live on a central compound - clean, safe with some facilities
  • cost to lease a car - is this even an option?
  • typical cost/month groceries
  • accessibility to other locations - i am on single status but would like to understand opps to meet family midway between KSA and UK

any guidance at all would be very welcome!  in particular best/worst compounds and things to be aware of,

thanks to you all in advance!

I want to join as a schol teacher in riyadh i need this job

My qualification is BS hons in botany . I am from pakistan but coming soon in saudia arabia in riyadh

@helenahandcart

Hey congrats! I have been here for 3 months now.. from London!

overall its nice, will take getting used to, and you will slowly adjust. Will I be here a long time? nope! but an overall great experience.

cost/month to live on a central compound - clean, safe with some facilities - plenty of options, do you know where you are working?

cost to lease a car - is this even an option? Yes but pretty expensive..

typical cost/month groceries - erm around 200 ish pounds

accessibility to other locations - i am on single status but would like to understand opps to meet family midway between KSA and UK - Dubai is a good place to meet up!

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Off-topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@helenahandcart

Hi Helen

cost/month to live on a central compound - clean, safe with some facilities - This depends on the compound, for a one bed apartment on mid level compound between  65/90k Sar a year

cost to lease a car - is this even an option? - Yes small Yaris 2500 Sar a month - prices increase considerably for 4x4 

typical cost/month groceries - I live on about 1500 Sar a month but I am not a fancy eater

accessibility to other locations - i am on single status but would like to understand opps to meet family midway between KSA and UK KSA is becoming less conservative - on a compound life is pretty relaxed i- Riyadh is well served by international flights

Martin

@astlem01 I'm in riyadh too ***

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct