Is the Premium Visa Multiple entry?

Has anyone here travelled in and out of Mauritius while being on the premium visa?

I've asked EDB(no response yet) and looked at the govt websites but it doesn't specify anywhere that the Visa is multiple entry(Even though logically it should be)

Thanks,

@zurtle I never thought to ask that question. I'm glad you did!

@zurtle Yes no problem, done so myself

@tashwilmot

Thanks,

I can travel worry free now!

Yes, I specifically consulted the EDB before applying, you can enter and leave Mauritius multiple times during the validity period of the premium visa

@zurtle

you can travel as many times you need to. there is no restriction during the validity of your premium visa.

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to ask in relation to the Premium Visa how long does the processing time actually take?  I know they say one week, but I've heard it can take a few months?

From the date that all requested documents it can be processed within 1 week. In some case up to 4 weeks, only when complication arise through submitted documentation, generally proof of funds. 

Mine took over a month to renew / apply for new one for second year on island.  Although approved by EDB they will not give me a copy of the permit until my current one runs out.  They can only give the new one the day after the old one expires.

Hello, How much proof of funds need to support the premium visa application?

Good that you answered this question here... I was searching for it on the offical websites without any sucess.

:-)

I requested my visa December 30th. Let's see when I will get my approval.

@Salman.Memon You have to show USD 18,000 income per year per dependent.

@mail61 It's good to note that if you reside under 183 days in Mauritius, you are not subject to filing a tax return. In terms of tax, you would not be considered resident in Mauritius. Be cautious on this issue. Even if the tax has been paid abroad, you would still have to file a tax return if you  are residing more than 183 days in a calendar year.