Application of Mauritius citizenship/ OCI

Dear friends,

I have a unique case at my hands, and need help from wherever I can get it.
I was born in Mauritius in the year 1990, at the time I held a mauritius passport. In 1993 I shifted back to India with my parents, however I continued to hold the Mauritius passport till 2007.
From 2007-2019 I have had an Indian citizenship due to naturalisation and an indian passport.
However, due to personal reasons I want to reclaim my Mauritian citizenship and apply for an OCI so I can stay and work in india.
At this point, I have my Mauritius passport, but don't have a certificate of citizenship or an NIC/NID from Mauritius.
Our indian consultant for passport and visa services recommends that I surrender my indian passport and apply for an X visa and then an OCI.
I am unsure about this process as I want to continue to work and live in India.
I would love all the help I can get before I make this decision and am hoping someone would have gone through a similar case.

can anyone advise on
1) Obtaining NIC of Mauritius, while being a resident of foreign, in my case india, country?
2) how the X visa works?
3) benefits of OCI for a citizen who wants to stay in India itself?

Thanks a ton!

For #1:

PERSONS QUALIFIED AS MAURITIAN CITIZENS
A person becomes a citizen of Mauritius either by birth or by descent
BY BIRTH:
(i) A person is a citizen of Mauritius, if he is born in Mauritius before 1st October 1995, of either Mauritian or foreign parents

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … NSHIP.aspx

As for #2 and #3 , you will have to go on the India forum or Indian govt.