Change of job

Hello all,

I would like information when changing job.

I am now working in Mauritius under Work permit/Resident Permit. I have got an offer from the competition.

Understood that my actual company should provide: authorisation letter and cancel my actual permit. What will happen if they do not give the authorisation letter to my "probably" new employer?

Considering they will not give the letter, can the new company start a new application? DO you know how long it will take?

Thank you,

Hello MauriceNet,

Not sure, better you call the Ministry of Labour (work permit) or the EDB if it is an occupation permit. I think that in that case, you will have to leave the country and re enter. Your new employer will be able to process your application only if you leave and perhaps re enter on business visa, but call the competent authorities to confirm.

And ofcourse your actual company should terminate your permit..

Regards,
Anou

Thank you. I have called but got not clear answer so i tempted here in case somebody has already experienced this situation.

with the new 2021/2022 budget the following was one of the changes announced by the Minister of Finance, Economic Planning & Development on 11 June 2021:

source:
https://www.expat.com/en/expat-mag/5595 … idity.html

"Professional Occupation Permit holders will have the flexibility to switch jobs without having to submit a new application provided that minimum criteria are met"

I do not know whether you fall under this, @MauriceNet ?

Thanks a mill.

I will ask about this

Dear MauriceNet

I am a Human Resource Consultant and could advise you free of charge on your issue.

Kindly send me a private message.

Kind regards

Vayid

Vayid wrote:

Dear MauriceNet

I am a Human Resource Consultant and could advise you free of charge on your issue.

Kindly send me a private message.

Kind regards

Vayid

Hello, i tried but it said that your inbox is full and not accepting new messages anymore.

@MauriceNet same question