Male Spouse of Mauritian Citizen

can someone help about it there is any office to refer to about application  for residence permit as Male Spouse of Mauritian Citizen cause i submitted mine and they told me 3 months and it's been more than and when calling and visit the PIO for follow-up nothing.

i'm applying for France visa and the embassy is requesting a proof of residence in Mauritius and when i show my recipt for the spouse residence application they don't recognise it when i call the PIO they now are they have to recognise it so I'm bite confused.

can someone help about it there is any office to refer to about application  for residence permit as Male Spouse of Mauritian Citizen cause i submitted mine and they told me 3 months and it's been more than and when calling and visit the PIO for follow-up nothing.
i'm applying for France visa and the embassy is requesting a proof of residence in Mauritius and when i show my recipt for the spouse residence application they don't recognise it when i call the PIO they now are they have to recognise it so I'm bite confused.

-@kountokoue

Sorry but a receipt that you applied is not a confirmation for a residence. I would give them a proof of address like its common in Mauritius. I would soon give them all documents they need otherwise i dont think they will proceed with your application.

BUT: with a mauritian passport you can anyway be 90 days in the Schengen Area = France is also there. And in most countries in the EU you can apply in Person when you are already married. But keep in mind that a application in the country does not extent the 90 days normally. So if you do have all documents and your sure maybe applying in france is an option.

And if youre a non mauritian citizen and applying at the PIO you can also (when youre from France enter on a tourist visa up to 90 days) and apply in Person. Me (Mauritian) and my husband where there on Monday and it takes 5 days to get a spouse visa if all documents are complete. Your post is a little bit wierd because youre writing that you are a male spouse of a mauritian but on the other hand you applied for a visa in France??

@kountokoue

Hi,

you are trying to do the quick route like what African foreigners used to do long time ago to bypass certain lengthy rules..in your case you are seeking the French visa through the Mauritian residency and you have to wait for the local authorities to deliver it the spouse residency properly to you..and applying for a France visa in that hurry is also weird if you do not have proof of residence here..

Rather do one thing properly first then do the next step. Takes 3 to 5 months to get the spousal visa and at times it takes more than 3 months when they suspect they need to do a background check as well..

So ensure all your papers are in order first as that is compulsory here

All the best,

David