Living in kampala

please can some one advise me . i might be taking a job offer at one of the hotels in kampala . a couple of questions . one is it safe to live there . cost of living is it expensive . what is there to do when not working . are there a lot of expats . standard of living

Hello mervyn3 & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here and that other members will help you soon.

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

Hi,

Kampala is safest in East Africa. I dont know where you are coming from so I cant compare it really.

Cost of living is bit high, also depends on you are moving with family or single. If you are single you can get/share a house.

Now a days Kampala is becoming Metro city - you will find lots of ppl from your country and your food also. Kampala has Indian, Chinese, Italian, Ethiopian, Korean, Maxican, Continental, Persian & many more.

If you have any particular question, pls post it.

regards,

Hi

Karibu (welcome) kampala

kampala is safe and the cheapest city to live in compared to other east African capital cities.

Jomubet > please post in the classifieds, thanks

Hello everybody, I am new and I looking for friends of all nationality. I am a french woman and planned to stay in Kampala up to december or january . I like dancing, going out to discuss, reading, the trip,....
Don't hesitate to contact me.

Betty

Hi Betty,
Also new here and will be happy to meet for a drink! If you know of any room to rent, don't hesitate to let me know :)
Sylvain