Appen media jobs - Legitimate? - any experience

Hi
I am just posting to ask if anyone knows anything about these Appen Media jobs that have been popping up here
I was in contact with them a little while ago via Linkedin , not really knowing who they are, then did a few online researches with mixed results.

Has anyone ever worked with them , are they totally legitimate and can you actually make any money from it or is it just a total waste of time.
Asking as I see them promoting heavily on Expat.com now

Appen Media Group runs a very small regional newspaper in Alpharetta, GA - USA, what in the world would they have to do with Brazil???

I doubt you'll get any scoop about them here on the Brazil forum.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

James look in the jobs section of this forum
When you click jobs there are ads appearing for them along the left hand side
I'm not sure how those ads get on here, if it's random paid  online marketing that pops up here  or if it's been placed specifically on this site

http://www.appen.com/

This is a social media evaluation company that says they are looking for expat contractors legally living in Brazil
I had already been in contact with them and was skeptical after some things that I read and my communications with them. I don't think it's an out and out scam , but it might be an "end up working many hours for nothing" type thing.

Since I saw several ads on Expat.com from them I thought someone might have had experience
They seem to be called "Appen"

Steve,

Thanks for your information. I have requested that Exapt-blog Administration check further into this ad posting to verify its source and validity.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Steve,

I just got a PM from Julien and he has double checked Appen and everything is quite legitimate. Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Cheers,
James