SISPAT medicals for Petrobrars

Hi everyone, I am travelling to Rio on Monday and have been advised I must complete a medical in country. Does anyone know what the SISPAT medical entails ?
Is it just like a UKOOA or is it more intrusive, so I'm prepared.
Thanks

As a state owned company the vast majority of Petrobras jobs are reserved strictly for Brazilian citizens. They do however contract third party companies (especially in the area of logistics and oil rig workers) that aren't required to hire only Brazilians. Given that fact there are few expats working for Petrobras and it is highly unlikely you'll find anyone here that does and can answer your question.

If you need the information quickly, I would suggest that you either contact Petrobras directly (or the third party company that you'll be working for) and ask them about the medical.

I do have a number of students at Petrobras (Imbetiba Base) here in Macaé and will ask them if they know anything about the medical. I can't do that until next week, and have no idea if any of them will be able to give me the information but I'll try.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks James, I am in logistics myself :)
I'm sure it will be fine, it's just I've had a medical in Singapore and was not advised and it was very intrusive and involved me having to strip completely which is always a little intimidating in another country.

Thanks again for your help, I can't wait to head out and see Rio in all it's glory :)

Well I'm sure if you explain this to whoever is conducting the medical they can arrange for you to have a female physician do it. They'll probably have that arranged anyway.

Update, the medical is a brief health check. They take your blood pressure, Audiometry, eye test and blood test, was in and out in hour. No problem there, though I did hear the men had to do an ESG and Psycho evaluation as well.

Kssa78 wrote:

Update, the medical is a brief health check. They take your blood pressure, Audiometry, eye test and blood test, was in and out in hour. No problem there, though I did hear the men had to do an ESG and Psycho evaluation as well.

Thanks for the update!

Since I live in Macaé - RJ, which is Brazil's Petroleum Capital, this information will no doubt help me in keeping our other members well informed. Great to know this!!!

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team