Kitas renewal New sponsor

Hello All,
I need to renew my Kitas (Retirement)  As I am changing my sponsor from Broker company, to Spouse sponsor I have to visit Singapore. As the next step in getting my Kitas renewed.
Traditionally a local broker in Singapore collects all the documents from me at my Hotel in SG then returns with the documents back to my Hotel, sometimes in the same day. This suggests to me its not that difficult to visit the Indonesian Embassy in SG  to complete the formalities ? And possibly save 250 $ SG
Any advise would be most welcome, by persons who have first hand experience.
Regards  Aussiehj

I haven't visited the Indonesian Embassy in SG in decades as far as KITAS is concerned. What I do know is that it still takes 3 days to process the KITAS although an old website says:

Visas take three days to process. The fee schedule is posted on the wall of the embassy. For a higher fee, many visas can be processed in one day: ask for ‘express service'. This is unofficial and costs about S$90.

Many people use the services of a visa agent who can collect your passport from your hotel and deliver it back to you the same day. Contact your visa business service here in Bali for details. This is by far the easiest and frees you from going to the embassy [shop, eat and be merry, remember?]. On the safe side, photocopy your passport before giving it to any agent or the embassy.

The cost of the VISA is about $100 + Service Fee of $90.

The fee I paid via agent was SGD $275 which includes the VISA and the Service Fee. I didn't mind that because I got to enjoy the day so I guess you would have a savings of $85 but don't forget the taxi back and forth to the Embassy (Submission is in the morning and Collection is in the afternoon), unless you intend to spend the entire day there.

Now if you've got a 3-day holiday coming up then that would be perfect and you won't need an agent at all.

I've had plenty of experience with visa runs to “Sin City” albeit not for several years.

My advise is to use a local Singapore agent, and there is no reason why they can't get it done the same day and as you say, pick up the money and paperwork at your hotel early in the AM, and then return your passport with visas later that same day.

Going to the Indonesian embassy in Sin City once was enough for me.  It was jam packed with domestic workers renewing passports and unlike like pleasant past experiences with the Indonesian embassy in Bangkok (which is smooth as silk) no pun intended. 

My expat friends who still need to endure visa runs would agree:  Visa runs to Bangkok, no problem to do it yourself…but to Singapore…an agent is well worth the extra cost.

If you're smoker, another good side is that it's perhaps one of the few places in SG where you can smoke in their makeshift canteen. Lol.

But the wait inside the consular section is really a pain. Their embassy in Manila is pretty efficient too.

I have a spousal Kitas. It is much much better to use the Agent and pay the money. If you do it yourself you will need to drop it off in the morning before 12 noon and it'll be ready a few days later. Drop it off on Monday morning and you can collect it anytime between 3 - 5pm on Wednesday etc. But drop it off on a Thursday morning and you will have to pick it up the following Monday afternoon. They will not accept applications in the afternoon.

Doing it yourself might save you S$250 but think of the extra hotel nights that you will need to pay in waiting not to mention restaurant bills and taxi fares.

By the way, in the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore there are two queues, one for local Indonesians which is very busy and the second for foreigners which is far less busy. But I'd still recommend using an Agent there.

Thank you all.
Many thanks for your guidance on this issue, much appreciated.
I will use a local agent, as suggested
Howard